Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: High speed Gunfighter...1960

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Those were 3.5” N frames. The K’s were pretty much 2” guns. Prior to speedloaders, the 3” in a K frame wasn’t a big deal.

The guns I’m referring to are 3” k frames - square butt, long action skinny barrel, fixed sights. They weren’t common but common enough that I’ve seen 3 or 4 over the years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The guns I’m referring to are 3” k frames - square butt, long action skinny barrel, fixed sights. They weren’t common but common enough that I’ve seen 3 or 4 over the years.
    If I ever buy another beat-up 4” pencil barrel model 10, part of its future will be getting cut to 3”.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    If I ever buy another beat-up 4” pencil barrel model 10, part of its future will be getting cut to 3”.
    I recall @Eli had a gun like that. It looked cool.

Pretty sure most of those 3” guns were for foreign police sales. I think some went to Australia and others to South America. The FBI had some 2.5” RB Model 10’s made for them. They were the predecessor to the 3” model 13 that was eventually adopted to replace the skinny barrel 4” M&Ps.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I recall @Eli had a gun like that. It looked cool.

Yup.

Site Supporter
    That one is very nice, but looks customized to me; non standard front sight, and as I understand it all the factory nickeled guns had case hardened hammers and triggers. It is a very cool revolver, but I don’t think that it is a factory original configuration. None of my S&w books show Any reference to factory 3” m&p’s, just 2.5-3” model 10s later on. There were tons of ww2 vintage surplus guns cut to 2.5-3.25” lengths for resale in the 50s and 60s.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    Pretty sure most of those 3” guns were for foreign police sales. I think some went to Australia and others to South America. The FBI had some 2.5” RB Model 10’s made for them. They were the predecessor to the 3” model 13 that was eventually adopted to replace the skinny barrel 4” M&Ps.
    Sounds about right. I know there were a bunch of more recent Australian Police re-imports that were similar like 3' model 64s and Ruger Six series guns.

Site Supporter
    I had a pretty neat Australian Police trade in Model 10 with a 3” mid weight barrel and a square butt grip frame. I foolishly traded it off to a friend, but live in hope that I will get it back one day. I seem to remember that there were some 3” Model 12 Airweights with manual safeties that were made for the French Police at one point.

I know what you are talking about.....let me pen an article about what those are. I have two different examples.

I also have a couple of the much later foreign police export guns that I love and are great guns. VERY different animals than the 1950’s guns.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I know what you are talking about.....let me pen an article about what those are. I have two different examples.

I also have a couple of the much later foreign police export guns that I love and are great guns. VERY different animals than the 1950’s guns.
    Ok, curious to see it. The guns I’m thinking of look like pre 1950s / post war.

User Tag List