Thread: Who has the better long arm? China, Russia

Site Supporter

Who has the better long arm? China, Russia

Just for grins. Check out the picture of the two guys. Which is better?

https://news.usni.org/2016/07/28/chi...-sea-september

Between an ocean, mountains, tall trees, flat prarie and a desert.
    Russia.

Interesting background in that "posed" photo of Russian and Chinese "marines."*
    "You, you, and you, you're going to be role players. Wear your crappy civvies and be prepared to be cuffed, stuffed, and held in a kimche squat for hours."

*Last I heard, the Russian translated as "Naval Infantry", not "Marines." US Marines I knew have sworn there's a difference. Not sure about the Chinese, although the ROK Marines Korean title translates as "Sea Soldiers", FWIW.**
    **And I have to laugh at all the Seattle baseball fans, who love their Japanese players, wearing baseball caps that say "Sea Soldiers" instead of "Sailors."
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I'd trust a Russian gun over a Chinese one, but that's a little like saying I'd prefer a Kia over a Model T for my daily driver (meanwhile someone in a Lamborghini drives by).
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    I'd trust a Russian gun over a Chinese one, but that's a little like saying I'd prefer a Kia over a Model T for my daily driver (meanwhile someone in a Lamborghini drives by).
    All of the Type 56's we had in Afghanistan were good rifles, every bit as robust as their Soviet counterparts.

They both appear to use the same cobbler.

User Tag List