Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: "New" PF Hat Group Buy: Feeler

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    It's a Nickleback song that's been doctored. But they sound about that bad and listening to their songs drops IQ points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I'm not really into a combo PF/TLG logo -- mostly because I don't think Todd would have been into it. But maybe we can do a special edition thing if it's fair subdued and not too garish (and I can get his wife to sign off on the idea).

Here are a few versions of an idea that I very quickly threw together. If the letter forms look "off" that's because I drew everything by hand and they aren't fonts (at the very least I probably need to round off some of the outer corners of the G). These aren't meant to be finished products, just a quick demonstration of an idea.

Attachment 9654

Attachment 9655

Attachment 9656

The P and F are supposed to look like the P and F from the watch face.

These are something I'd envision fairly small (maybe an inch tall) on the back of the hat or as a small patch.

Tom,
    I like the second one. Would be great to have a subdued gray hat with that logo.

Did some web searching today for a web site that offered hats and embroidery.
    T
    Ended up here:

http://www.customizedwear.com/

Anyone have experience with them?
    Last edited by RJ; 08-04-2016 at 06:40 PM.

I think the best thing to do is focus on finding a good base hat first and not looking for a place to embroider the hat. Shitty hats are everywhere. So are embroidery services. Focus on the hat I'm not going to sign off on a hat with a button on top (unless it comes with a check large enough to qualify as fuck you money -- and that amount gets smaller and smaller every day so who knows). That's how much I hate buttons on hats. Additionally, we're going to need at least two sizes even if they are adjustable. One size will NOT work.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I despise wearing a hat with a center button thing. Makes my head hurt when I wear ear protection.

Twelve pages and I had already posted this on page #2.

You are slacking.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I think the best thing to do is focus on finding a good base hat first and not looking for a place to embroider the hat. Shitty hats are everywhere. So are embroidery services. Focus on the hat. I'm not going to sign off on a hat with a button on top (unless it comes with a check large enough to qualify as fuck you money -- and that amount gets smaller and smaller every day so who knows). That's how much I hate buttons on hats. Additionally, we're going to need at least two sizes even if they are adjustable. One size will NOT work.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    As far as non-fitted caps go, I really like the hats sold by go ruck. They have a buttonless crown and a big Velcro field. If y'all just did a morale patch I'd be set.

http://www.goruck.com/tac-hat-mesh-black-/p/GEAR-000081
    http://www.goruck.com/tac-hat-ripsto.../p/GEAR-000093
    Tom, so far, the Goruck hat posted by JAD is the only one I've seen with no button.

It is a black hat with a velcro patch friendly front.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  70.1 KB

If the "patch" concept was reconsidered, I'd be good with the goruck+patch combo.

Goruck also appears to be veteran owned, but I don't know anything about the owner.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-04-2016 at 08:19 PM.

Button-free hats are pretty common. SKD has a couple. So does Arc'teryx. RE Factor does too. Even Condor. Several manufacturers have button-less hats (I know Magpul does, and so does Daniel Defense). Lots of options for button-free.
    Ok, I'll look into those and see if they fit the criteria.

So far, I have:

- Buttonless
    - Two sizes
    - Gray or nondescript
    - Not be shitty

Question: If the goruck hat was available without a velcro patch base, would that fit the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Question: If the goruck hat was available without a velcro patch base, would that fit the bill?
    No because it's GoRuck.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    No because it's GoRuck.
    Not tracking.

Is this another case of an online supplier having a bad reputation?
    Last edited by RJ; 08-04-2016 at 09:21 PM.

Honestly, I'd have to try a sample hat first but probably "yes" as far as I'm concerned.

ETA: I see that it only comes in one adjustable size. Perhaps they've cracked the code on making a one-size-fits-most/all that doesn't suck.
    Ok, that helps. I''ll use it as a yardstick in evaluating the other options.

I have no idea what anyone is talking about.
    Sorry Tom, I clarified my post #119. I was not sure what Orizon06 meant about GoRuck being unacceptable.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-04-2016 at 09:23 PM.

User Tag List