Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .300Blk reloading tips, tricks, recipes, etc

Do I need to screw it in flush as well or simply slide it all of the way in?
    #RESIST

One comment on loading the 300BLK, I've found that cartridge OAL to be more important than it appears. If you load to the magazine limit (2.25") than the rounds will not stack in the magazine properly. The AR-15 mag has ribs inside that bear on the shoulder of the 5.56 case. When you trim to 300BLK, the shoulder is gone. The ogive of the bullet now bears against those ribs. Load the bullets at 2.25" OAL and the ogive stacks past the mag rib, and the rounds do not stack properly in the mag. This leads to feeding and reliability issues. Consider going to a shorter OAL so the bullet ogive is in the same spot the shoulder of the 5.56 case was. Around 2.1" or shorter for a 110gr VMAX or a 125gr Nosler. This is tough with 208 or 220 sub sonics because of bullet length and case volume.
    Be aware that you have lower case volume with the bullets seated deeper, so your max load will be reached with less powder.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Do I need to screw it in flush as well or simply slide it all of the way in?
    IIRC, I set the slide all the way flush after putting the 609 on the silver cylinder insert and used a wood clamp with light pressure to insure the assembly would not move until the 609 had cured.

I did clean all surfaces with alcohol before assembly to insure a oil/contamination free surface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLine1 View Post
    IIRC, I set the slide all the way flush after putting the 609 on the silver cylinder insert and used a wood clamp with light pressure to insure the assembly would not move until the 609 had cured.

I did clean all surfaces with alcohol before assembly to insure a oil/contamination free surface.
    So, you simply got good contact on the threads and then slid all of the way in rather than threading all of the way in?
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    So, you simply got good contact on the threads and then slid all of the way in rather than threading all of the way in?
    Found these directions online for your setup.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/template...0&GroupGuid=16

Click on the pdf instructions, shows exactly the spacing on the treads you need to setup properly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JM Campbell; 09-06-2016 at 08:11 PM.
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List