Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppressed lever gun?

Silencer Shop highlighted a suppressed Henry .357 with Dustin Ellermann in their latest newsletter. Got the email about an hour ago.

Article found HERE on fishgame.com

TLDR video from write up -

ETA: Personally, I'd much rather have the Marlin, just for the side gate vs tube loading.
    Last edited by StraitR; 08-01-2016 at 10:29 AM.

Great video. That was fun to watch.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Between an ocean, mountains, tall trees, flat prarie and a desert.
    Hmmm, although I love a lever gun, I would probably do a .243 700 action bolt gun, barrel chopped to 16 inches with a medium contour. Light, short, silent and plenty of kill distance left in it.

If you choose to go forward, I have an old Marlin/Glenfield Mod 30A in 30-30 that needs a new home. It has a short mag tube so the barrel can get chopped pretty easily

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    If you choose to go forward, I have an old Marlin/Glenfield Mod 30A in 30-30 that needs a new home. It has a short mag tube so the barrel can get chopped pretty easily
    Thanks -- I already have a couple Marlins that would fit the bill if I went that direction.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Hmmm, although I love a lever gun, I would probably do a .243 700 action bolt gun, barrel chopped to 16 inches with a medium contour. Light, short, silent and plenty of kill distance left in it.
    I've been thinking more about a bolt gun in 300 BLK but man the options are limited. The Remington AAC Micro 7 has been reported to have a lot of feeding problems, the Model 700 in 300 BLK has a heavy tactical barrel, and I'm just not impressed with the stock on the Ruger American Ranch rifle.

I think the 243 would be decent, but I've also been thinking about the 7mm-08. A little more power than the 243 but less muzzle blast than the 308. Or, I might just keep the suppressor for my AR and consign myself to always using earpro when shooting a more conventional rifle.

User Tag List