Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dave Spaulding's Check 360 - Scan / Assess

IIRC, in Pat Mac's class, his take on the scan was more in line with the idea that the more of the shooting tasks you train into subconscious competence, the more space your brain has to think about things like scanning, watching out for additional threats, checking your 6/360/whatever, checking on your buddies, etc. made sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    QFT - another nugget. I always HATE going to a qual run by other FIs who literally read the script off the call card for every engagement. "Shooters, on the next engagement, take one step off-line to your right while drawing, and..." Drives me crazy, and generates all kinds of training scars. Our old qual had SIX one shot engagements, in a row, at the 7 yard line. By the time the qual was over, everyone was moving like they were going to reholster between each shot. Drills were a nightmare, and a lot of shooters acted like they'd get extra credit for being the first one back in the holster - with a lot of P228s holstered WITHOUT being decocked first...
    If you don't decock you are automatically DQ'd...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    IIRC, in Pat Mac's class, his take on the scan was more in line with the idea that the more of the shooting tasks you train into subconscious competence, the more space your brain has to think about things like scanning, watching out for additional threats, checking your 6/360/whatever, checking on your buddies, etc. made sense to me.
    I think I've Hearne that somewhere before.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    If you don't decock you are automatically DQ'd...
    If only. I won't get into the horror shows I've seen, and refused to give a qualifying score. Then, miraculously, they shoot again the next week with a different instructor and get a 290/300. Not my name on the qual - that's the best I can do nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    If only. I won't get into the horror shows I've seen, and refused to give a qualifying score. Then, miraculously, they shoot again the next week with a different instructor and get a 290/300. Not my name on the qual - that's the best I can do nowadays.
    Not from my PD but when I went through a certain CQB course a few guys were running their issued p226's and they were yelled repeatedly for not decocking.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List