Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Quick Kill/Point & Shoot/Hi, I'm new here buy my product/Astroturfer Thread

I'm disappointed the 2nd video is private.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I'm disappointed the 2nd video is private.
    He just changed it then. I watched it when Tom made the thread. It was basically him nervously talking and using his hands to talk while holding a gun, pointing it at home self a bunch. He was wearing a glove so he could rack the slide without hurting himself I guess? He not only practices point shooting but does not carry a round in the chamber (atleast it seems that way by his previous post, "whip it out and rack one in then bam bam bam.."). He then stood at 3 feet to the target and spent 30 seconds trying to hit a 5" circle. I guess no one told him that if he used his sights he could hit it every time...

What scares me the most is whack jobs like this using this "technique" in the wild. Can you imagine this dude trying to stop a shooting and he ends up killing like 6 people? This is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Luke; 07-31-2016 at 11:25 AM.
    i used to wannabe

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 1doorgunner View Post
    I'm impressed if you are saying you can do that without aiming. I wish I could. No sights - just point and shoot. I'm talking about whip it out, jack a round in and bam bam bam! Point and shoot and hit the bullseye... time after time. As far as how long I've been shooting. I kinda' gave it up after Vietnam. After San Bernardino I decided to get a CCW and start packin'. I really didn't want to get back into the killing thing but I decided I'm not going out without a fight. So I train. I've been in plenty of real shootouts and in my opinion there isn't much time for aiming when the lead starts flying. I realize you don't know me so I could be one of those full of bullchit never been there never done that kinda' guys just trying to sound like a somebody.

I'm kinda confused - please help me here. Do I jack or whip first? In my experience, I would always: whip first - and here's where I'm getting confused - I'm used to jacking and whipping AT THE SAME TIME, resulting in the always well-appreciated bam bam bam. help.

FWIW, I think he's got an interesting product and I might actually buy one some day to use for sighted bullseye (as in NRA Conventional Pistol) dryfire training.
    For some reason I wasn't able to quote and respond to this post, it kept quoting the last posts I quoted in a post, even when I just didn't choose to quote anything and just "reply to thread".

I also think it has potential as a dry fire device. If it was so marketed it may be more overall successful. The emphasis on point shooting may not be its strong suit.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I'm kinda confused - please help me here. Do I jack or whip first? In my experience, I would always: whip first - and here's where I'm getting confused - I'm used to jacking and whipping AT THE SAME TIME, resulting in the always well-appreciated bam bam bam. help.
    First the whip, then the nae, nae:

Last edited by ASH556; 07-31-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Didn't that zero out after I posted with them? I used those in post No 23, but they seem to have continued to follow along wanting another go.

I clicked the "reply to thread" and cancelled it several times and it still hung on somehow. I ended up erasing the quotes from the post. It wouldn't let me quote your post, just recycled the old ones. Oh well, it seems to have cleared up now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1doorgunner View Post
    [split from the Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited thread.]

I use a Point & Shoot laser target to train with. In other words, I don't aim. I'm learning to accurately point at the bullseye and hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Y.

Am I wasting my time trying to be rational about this in this thread, and thinking he may actually want to be a better shooter?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    Yes.
    Sad.

Despite a rocky start, he could grin and bear it and start on the learning curve to actually getting some good skills. His device could ev en help, but with a sighted technique.

Mr Doorgunner, try some practice sessions with aimed fire on your device and see if it gets you better faster. Real comment, not ragging on you. At very close distance, do a flash sight picture, not trying for a perfect image sight picture, but "close enough" as distance and target size dictate. Theres lots of drills and practice methods on the site here to try out to work with your device. If youre for real about learning to shoot better, youre at the right place, despite initial response related to point shooting.

Quick kill. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List