Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Quick Kill/Point & Shoot/Hi, I'm new here buy my product/Astroturfer Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1doorgunner View Post
    I could if I was able to achieve the P&S at that distance. Right now I'm training at ten feet. Usually, when I'm shooting live ammo at the range (at twenty-five feet) I just throw the targets away when I leave. Don't misunderstand me here. I'm not saying I'm some kind of killer shooter. I'm training. I'm no Jed Clampett. I can do a fairly nice grouping in the head at twenty-five feet but not twenty-five yards. I'm old now but I'm gonna really be old before I can put five rounds through the same hole at twenty-five yards without aiming with a pistol. Hell, I don't think I could do it even if I aimed. ha

1door, I know you're new here but please let's try to somewhat stay on topic which we're discussing 25 yard/ ~75 feet groups and maybe start a separate thread.

Quick Kill.
    Not again.

I smell a troll, or am I being unfairly harsh?

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    I don't see a bicycle helmet, so I would say 'not yet'.

Quote Originally Posted by hiro View Post
    The Deagle may be a hint

I'm talking about whip it out, jack a round in and bam bam bam! Point and shoot and hit the bullseye... time after time. As far as how long I've been shooting. I kinda' gave it up after Vietnam.
    Pertinent part in bold. So um, yeah, I smell something and it ain't roses.

I vote we get this thread back on topic before it spirals totally out of control.

The multiple attempts to shoot a target right in front of you made me chuckle. So did the glove. I also love the constant flagging of himself. Can we just ban him. Pretty please
    i used to wannabe

Wow, three feet from condition 3. I hope you carry a lot of chest seals.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Don't we have a vaccine for this type of derp yet?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Not sure how long you've been shooting for, but when I started shooting I could shoot my bullets into one ragged hole at 3 yards after ~1 month. Big caveat was sometimes I'd flinch, and those shots wouldn't go into that hole. The other caveat was I actually used the bumps on the top of the slide to aim...
    I'm impressed if you are saying you can do that without aiming. I wish I could. No sights - just point and shoot. I'm talking about whip it out, jack a round in and bam bam bam! Point and shoot and hit the bullseye... time after time...
    You seem to have misunderstood, he said he used the sights (the bumps on top of the slide).

This isn't a new topic, its been covered many times, including by people that have seen it used in actual OIS, and generally with dismal results, even with training in the technique. Hits improve dramatically when sights are used. When people say they don't have time to use the sights, what I think they really mean, (even if they don't realize it yet), is that they don't have time to miss. Missing wastes time and has liability attached to every round sent flying off into the background of everyday life. Not using sights can work out OK at touching distance, and where someone may be able to physically touch and deflect your gun or grab it, other than that sights help quite a lot. Your practice time would be better spent using the sights, not avoiding them. The improvement will be at higher levels.

Am I wasting my time trying to be rational about this in this thread, and thinking he may actually want to be a better shooter?

User Tag List