Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43

Thread: Official Quick Kill/Point & Shoot/Hi, I'm new here buy my product/Astroturfer Thread

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Lee's Summit Missouri

    Official Quick Kill/Point & Shoot/Hi, I'm new here buy my product/Astroturfer Thread

    [split from the Freestyle shooting at 25 yds revisited thread.]

    I use a Point & Shoot laser target to train with. In other words, I don't aim. I'm learning to accurately point at the bullseye and hit it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 07-31-2016 at 09:24 AM. Reason: thread split

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by 1doorgunner View Post
    I use a Point & Shoot laser target to train with. In other words, I don't aim. I'm learning to accurately point at the bullseye and hit it.
    How's your 25 with this method?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Lee's Summit Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    How's your 25 with this method?
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    How's your 25 with this method?
    I takes a fair amount of practice to be able to hit the inch bullseye. I first began three feet from the target. Once I was able to consistently hit the inch bullseye nine out of ten shots I moved back to five feet. Then to eight feet. I am now at ten feet. The further from the target, the more difficult. I practice about fifteen minutes a day but I do it every day without fail. This has really helped me with trigger control. Muscle memory, too. With the trigger control, I can see my laser strike the target when I miss the bullseye. I could see I was jerking my pistol. I've been able to smooth that out by being aware of my pull. When I go to the range shooting live ammo, the improvement is evident. I'm a head shooter. Not a lot of room for missing. Even when shooting my Desert Eagle AE 50 cal. Back in my Army daze I became familiar with P&S although they called it Quick Kill.

  4. #4
    ^so your saying you don't use your sights?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 1doorgunner View Post
    I takes a fair amount of practice to be able to hit the inch bullseye. I first began three feet from the target. Once I was able to consistently hit the inch bullseye nine out of ten shots I moved back to five feet. Then to eight feet. I am now at ten feet. The further from the target, the more difficult. I practice about fifteen minutes a day but I do it every day without fail. This has really helped me with trigger control. Muscle memory, too. With the trigger control, I can see my laser strike the target when I miss the bullseye. I could see I was jerking my pistol. I've been able to smooth that out by being aware of my pull. When I go to the range shooting live ammo, the improvement is evident. I'm a head shooter. Not a lot of room for missing. Even when shooting my Desert Eagle AE 50 cal. Back in my Army daze I became familiar with P&S although they called it Quick Kill.
    Not sure how long you've been shooting for, but when I started shooting I could shoot my bullets into one ragged hole at 3 yards after ~1 month. Big caveat was sometimes I'd flinch, and those shots wouldn't go into that hole. The other caveat was I actually used the bumps on the top of the slide to aim...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Lee's Summit Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Not sure how long you've been shooting for, but when I started shooting I could shoot my bullets into one ragged hole at 3 yards after ~1 month. Big caveat was sometimes I'd flinch, and those shots wouldn't go into that hole. The other caveat was I actually used the bumps on the top of the slide to aim...
    Quote Originally Posted by scw2 View Post
    Not sure how long you've been shooting for, but when I started shooting I could shoot my bullets into one ragged hole at 3 yards after ~1 month. Big caveat was sometimes I'd flinch, and those shots wouldn't go into that hole. The other caveat was I actually used the bumps on the top of the slide to aim...
    I'm impressed if you are saying you can do that without aiming. I wish I could. No sights - just point and shoot. I'm talking about whip it out, jack a round in and bam bam bam! Point and shoot and hit the bullseye... time after time. As far as how long I've been shooting. I kinda' gave it up after Vietnam. After San Bernardino I decided to get a CCW and start packin'. I really didn't want to get back into the killing thing but I decided I'm not going out without a fight. So I train. I've been in plenty of real shootouts and in my opinion there isn't much time for aiming when the lead starts flying. I realize you don't know me so I could be one of those full of bullchit never been there never done that kinda' guys just trying to sound like a somebody.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Lee's Summit Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    ^so your saying you don't use your sights?

    Yes, I do not use my sights.

  8. #8
    Wag more, Bark less RJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Venice Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by 1doorgunner View Post
    Yes, I do not use my sights.
    Cool.

    Can you post a picture of one of your 25 yard targets?
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.
    J. C. Watts

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 1doorgunner View Post
    Yes, I do not use my sights.
    ? Why... I am sorry but this line of thinking makes literally no sense and there is endless amounts of evidence (like literally endless) that if you use your sights=you hit what you aim at... Hence why ALL service/decent pistol has them.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 07-30-2016 at 11:37 PM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Lee's Summit Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Cool.

    Can you post a picture of one of your 25 yard targets?
    I could if I was able to achieve the P&S at that distance. Right now I'm training at ten feet. Usually, when I'm shooting live ammo at the range (at twenty-five feet) I just throw the targets away when I leave. Don't misunderstand me here. I'm not saying I'm some kind of killer shooter. I'm training. I'm no Jed Clampett. I can do a fairly nice grouping in the head at twenty-five feet but not twenty-five yards. I'm old now but I'm gonna really be old before I can put five rounds through the same hole at twenty-five yards without aiming with a pistol. Hell, I don't think I could do it even if I aimed. ha

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •