Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried Seeklander's American Warrior Society?

Anyone tried Seeklander's American Warrior Society?

Mike Seeklander's American Warrior Society.

I see little video clips from it on Facebook from time to time.

I've never met Mike but like his stuff. He's really trying to tie together performance shooting, combatives (Southnarc-style, it seems ), fitness, mindset, situational awareness, etc.

As an aside, He seems largely underrespected (is that a word?) in the online/forum training world. High level competitor, former cop, former full-time instructor, put out a ton of stuff for free tomarket himself, and seems to be well rounded (see paragraph above). If he had been in Special Operations the Internet would be hanging on his every word, but alas he wasn't and it isn't.

I couldn't care less about the "Society" part of his organization. I'm not part of a brotherhood because I pay a fee each month to see content. I just want to read the articles and watch his videos and learn a thing or two.

I'm not a big fan of the subscription model of paying for content, but He's got a special of a dollar for the first month, then $13 each month afterward. Terms aren't clear if you can cancel at any time. Maybe you see that after you input your CC info. Def not paying $146 for a year subscription given I don't know exactly what's behind the paywall. (I might pay $150 if Seeklander put out a 4 or 5 DVD package of his instruction.)

Anyone given it a whirl?

Thanks.
    Last edited by redbone; 07-31-2016 at 07:15 AM.

I've struggled with joining myself. Mike seems to work extremely hard at putting out quality content. I like the integration of shooting, combatives and fitness. His podcasts and guests are as good as it gets (with a few exceptions), Jocko Willinks podcast is the only one that comes close.

However, I'm really uncomfortable with the "Warrior Society" designation, the T shirt, the coin when you join. I want to contribution to Mike's continued efforts, quality content, and success, but don't know how other than becoming a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    However, I'm really uncomfortable with the "Warrior Society" designation, the T shirt, the coin when you join.
    Me too. Much like the "sheepdog" moniker, I don't like titles like that for myself.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    I've struggled with joining myself. Mike seems to work extremely hard at putting out quality content. I like the integration of shooting, combatives and fitness. His podcasts and guests are as good as it gets (with a few exceptions), Jocko Willinks podcast is the only one that comes close.

However, I'm really uncomfortable with the "Warrior Society" designation, the T shirt, the coin when you join. I want to contribution to Mike's continued efforts, quality content, and success, but don't know how other than becoming a member.
    Same here. His podcasts are great, but the whole Warrior/coin/monthly fee thing is too Tony Robbins for me.

I am not a member of the society, but have been planning to do the trial offer. The podcast is excellent.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

There are very few types of content I would pay a monthly subscription for, tactical training and that stuff is most definitely not one of them.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I am a member. I also don't care for the coin membership thing.

He offers a three day trial so see if you like it. There's a ton of content on there. Training videos for firearms, combatives and medicine.

I'm working my way through the videos. He has all his content he's ever put out on there. There really is hundreds of dollars in content on there.

My personal opinion as a relatively new shooter is that I've gotten much more out of the site than I would have spending the money on ammo. He gives specials for le/mil/first responders so it came out under $100 for a full year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

He also has this really cool feature in which you can send him videos of you shooting and he will analyze it for you and make recommendations.

I became a member somewhat recently. This was not done lightly given my former "membership" in a "warrior" cult that you didn't exactly pay to be a member of. That one left a real bad taste in my mouth. However, after hearing one of Mike's excellent podcasts, and then going through and listening to his archive of podcasts, and then checking out his shooting performance stuff on you tube, I decided to take the plunge. There is a lot of good information on the site, and it is well done. Whether or not it is worth the money, when there is so much free stuff out there, is going to be up to each individual. Actually for me, it may not be as I am tapering off the tactical stuff for a while after so many years of doing it, and transitioning to mostly competing next year. Somewhat ironically I am using Mikes competition training book to prepare for that. To be clear, while I very much like his material and largely agree with his opinions, I will not be becoming a fan boy, I have been down that road before and don't intend on repeating it.

Also Mike puts out free stuff on Periscope. For those that aren't familiar it's a social media platform in which the person records live events and you can ask questions etc. once a week he does a drill he records a training session and answers questions from viewers.

User Tag List