Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor range report

Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor range report

Thought I'd start a new thread rather than tack this onto the T3 Lite thread because this sucker ain't lite. This rifle kind of reminds me of the Remington 700 LTR (light tactical rifle); I had one of these in .308 years ago and it was an excellent shooter, but not lite, either. The CTR has a Nightforce 2.5-10 mounted.

Name:  IMG_2492.jpg
Views: 26781
Size:  86.1 KB

Anyway, I had four Hornady factory loads in 6.5 CM today: 120 gr AMAX, 120 gr GMX, 140 gr ELD match and 143 gr ELD-X. All 4 loads shot under an inch at 100. The ELD match gave me this 1.5" 4 shot group at 200; this trigger needs adjusting and I was too lazy to take it out of the stock last night to fiddle with it. Not bad for a $900 rifle.

Name:  IMG_4248.jpg
Views: 7677
Size:  44.9 KB

What's the whole rig weigh?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Wish id have never sold mine

i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    What's the whole rig weigh?
    I just finished reading where he said 9lbs 10oz. HERE

CTR update: Not crazy about this stock; the LOP is too long and it feels like what it is: plastic. The manual says the rifle is shipped with the trigger set at 3 lbs; mine measured 4 lbs on my Lyman digital. You have to pop the stock off to adjust, but it's super easy; there's a 2.5mm allen screw on the front of the trigger housing. I dialed it down to 2.5 lbs and back to the range. All 4 loads shot between .5 and .7" at 100; the 120 grain GMX looks like a Barnes TTSX bullet and will probably be what I use for whitetail this fall.
    Last edited by SteveB; 08-02-2016 at 06:51 PM.

I assume you took the spacers out of the stock? That helped mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ldunnmobile View Post
    I assume you took the spacers out of the stock? That helped mine.
    With the spacers out, it's 13.75"; too long.

Are they issuing a different (less expensive) mag with T3x CTR's, SteveB?
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

CTR 6.5 C arrived today. Initial impression is favorable with one big exception. Who ever designed the cheek riser must have also specified using the hardest possible material -- that thing is hard as a rock and whacks my cheekbone when I mount and cycle it aggressively. May be looking for another stock. I really hope they import that Canadian Ranger model next year.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Are they issuing a different (less expensive) mag with T3x CTR's, SteveB?
    No. The CTR uses the same mag as the Sako TRG 22; they are heavy and expensive. They are available in 5 rounds as well as 10, but the 5's are the same size, weight and price as the 10's.

User Tag List