Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Sell me on coated hard cast lead bullets

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    ...and... How was the match? Got any pictures? Vids?
    It was great except for an FTE because I missed the "shoot these targets here" part of the brief. Otherwise, I don't feel like I won it but upper third I would bet but regardless of the score, I quite enjoyed my first USPSA match in about a year or more. Someone else posted a video on FB, I don't do those, myself.
    #RESIST

...and... How was the match? Got any pictures? Vids?
    Found this public video from the match, I know the guy. He shot better than I, of course

https://www.facebook.com/rob.cook.94...54567599416285
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Found this public video from the match, I know the guy. He shot better than I, of course

https://www.facebook.com/rob.cook.94...54567599416285
    Nice stages!

Nice stages!
    Those are thanks to JoshS, former PF staff member and an outstanding shooter with about anything.
    #RESIST

From personal experience, Josh runs a damn good match.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Tonight, I shot my first USPSA match using my Leatherhead 125s over 3.8gr TiteGroup reloads. Outstanding, no issues, excellent accuracy. I'm going to load up a bunch once I get some more brass.
    What oal did you use and what was the pf out of curiosity?

Thanks!
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    What oal did you use and what was the pf out of curiosity?

Thanks!
    1.125 and need to chrono it but I'm confident (based upon other's data) that it will make Minor PF. Not bunny fart loads.
    #RESIST

My experience has been with 124gr and 147gr 9's.

Titegroup and BE are both fairly hot powders. Clays in 124's can work "OK", but is erratic. (Totally a no-go for 147s...)
    I'm going to stay the hell away from coated and titegroup - i don't give a shit if it is Bayou, Blue Bullets, SNS, etc... TG is just too hot and I hate cleaning things...

I've had good luck with HP-38 (aka Win231) and 147's. Soft, accurate, non-temp sensitive, meters god enough for USPSA/IPSC shooting. I'm liking my loading of 3.5gr and loaded to 1.125"

The 147 sized at .357" are here, under the 38/.357 bullets: http://www.snscasting.com/new-38-357...coated-1000ct/
    (it is the same 147 FP as for the 9's, just sized to .357")

My loading process:
    I have enough bell to keep things from shaving.
    I crimp to .375"-ish ... No issues with flaking/etc... (Lee Factory Crimp and "size" die - I love this thing)

Seems ok... There's a bit of smoke, but I can live with it. You'll see a little bit of leading at the crown, but not much.

It is fine to shoot .357" through a glock, mp, etc...

Good luck, man. Lemme know how it goes - I'll be checking back here.
    Les;

Thanks for the info above. Got my first 147 grain 9mm sized at .357 in and loaded up 100 of them. The only change is that I used the book stated 1.135 OAL. Shot them yesterday. When I did my part they fell into a fist sized group at 25 yards (unfortuantlly since my hospital visit 2 years ago my consistancy at distance sucks). Best thing about it was when I got home and ran a couple of patches through the barrel it was sqeeky clean, NO LEAD YA!
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

I've been shooting basically nothing but coated bullets since late August at this point. No issues to complain about.

Just a quick question: I've now been shooting these blue bullets coated pills from most of my "working" guns for nearly 6 months now. I noticed that there's a bit of frosting in the bore of my G.19, but only in streaks. Nothing is caked or or built up.

Anything to worry about? I'm not really seeing any blue shit on the bore at all, FWIW.

P.S. I love coated bullets and they afford cheaper practice costs. Probably gonna order 10K when I can afford them.

User Tag List