Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Week 175: If You Aren't Accurate Enough, It Doesn't Matter How Fast You Are

OK, I revisited this after failing DOTW 177 (which I'm about to post)

Name:  DOTW - 6.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  23.2 KB

G17K gen 4.
    124 gr American Eagle
    IPSC target, 25 yards

Gun/Ammo: Gen4 G17, stock barrel, 10-8 Performance FO sights (.235"H/.115"W front, .140" rear), Remington 124gr MC
    Hits: 2/2
    Pass
    Observations: Drill wasn't shot cold as I'd fired some wadcutters through my J-Frame before switching to the Glock, but they were my first two rounds fired from the Glock. However, I did deviate from the drill and did it on a timer and from the holster. Time was 5.43s. I have a hard time focusing on the front sight with most sights but these FO sights really help in that area. Overall, I think the time I've spent with my J-Frame is helping my trigger press.

Name:  IMG_1693.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  44.3 KB

Talk about just making the deadline.

Shot this twice, VP9, Speer Gold Dot 124 sp. 2 hand. I was near the end of my Live fire and thought, what the heck. I used a made up 15 X 15 CM on the computer.

Try 1: 0 / 2

What a massive fail. Both rounds low and right.

Try 2: 2 / 2.

Woah!! I thought maybe since I had time I'd see if I could make it. I was shocked to see the target when I pulled it back. At the edge with both rounds. Made it by the skin of my teeth.

There's hope for me yet.

Aug 29

Really interesting results today. Shot this on the timer to induce some stress and work on performance in competition for tougher far shots. Failed pretty hard. Used my CZ 75 SP01 from AIWB holster and polo shirt for concealment.

Times ranged from 1.86 - 4.02, and I had scores of 0/2 once and 1/2 five times. Failed pretty badly.

What I noticed - trigger and alignment precision was too loose for what needed to be done. After a session of DOTW 177 and bill drills at 7 and 25 yards, I had pushed speed too much at the expense of accuracy, and the hits suffered. Will try to run precision at speed type drills in future after working speed, since I plan to improve my draw time. I think this will force me to be disciplined on dialing it back after going all out for speed on larger and easier targets all day. That's probably one skill I haven't really training in as much before, as I've generally focused on one type of shooting in each session and didn't have too much changing of gears type stuff.

Name:  DOTW 175 accurate.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  22.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by scw2; 08-29-2016 at 09:18 PM.

User Tag List