Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama Signs New Gun Control Executive Order. Puts Gunsmiths Out of Business

So, no more Salient Arms Glocks then?

I'm OK with that.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Yep. It pretty much covers everything.

From https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/22/121.1:

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    Forget the Red Dawn fantasies of civil war with blue helmeted troops trying to confiscate your guns. Executive Orders like this are actually how the civilian ownership of firearms will be eliminated. Not with a bang, but a long slow death by a thousand bureaucratic cuts.

Slowly, over a generation, it will get just a bit harder and harder to own a gun, have it repaired, or transfer it. Penalties for minor administrative errors will become severe. Eventually people just won't bother any more and finally give up trying. Mission accomplished, circa 2050.
    And all the states with AW registration where the registered items are non-heritable will be on the verge of having disarmed the last of their citizens of those through the process of death.

The rest, they'll already have gotten through the process of taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    Forget the Red Dawn fantasies of civil war with blue helmeted troops trying to confiscate your guns. Executive Orders like this are actually how the civilian ownership of firearms will be eliminated. Not with a bang, but a long slow death by a thousand bureaucratic cuts.

Slowly, over a generation, it will get just a bit harder and harder to own a gun, have it repaired, or transfer it. Penalties for minor administrative errors will become severe. Eventually people just won't bother any more and finally give up trying. Mission accomplished, circa 2050.
    Every gun owner with eyes open needs A) a good .22 rifle, B) access to *any* sort of reactive target, anywhere and C) the willingness to share an hour of both with *anyone* who'll give it a try. We need to reproduce and raise our population numbers for the species to survive.

Site Supporter
    Well, it seems pretty clear now, doesn't it. Shit. I assume the definitions in 22 CFR § 121.8 are unchanged.
    It was recodified in a new section, but I think it is substantially unchanged:

(a) An end-item is a system, equipment, or an assembled article ready for its intended use. Only ammunition or fuel or other energy source is required to place it in an operating state.
    (b) A component is an item that is useful only when used in conjunction with an end-item. A major component includes any assembled element that forms a portion of an end-item without which the end-item is inoperable. A minor component includes any assembled element of a major component.
    (c) Accessories and attachments are associated articles for any component, equipment, system, or end-item, and which are not necessary for its operation, but which enhance its usefulness or effectiveness.
    (d) A part is any single unassembled element of a major or a minor component, accessory, or attachment which is not normally subject to disassembly without the destruction or the impairment of designed use.
    (e) Firmware and any related unique support tools (such as computers, linkers, editors, test case generators, diagnostic checkers, library of functions, and system test diagnostics) directly related to equipment or systems covered under any category of the U.S. Munitions List are considered as part of the end-item or component. Firmware includes but is not limited to circuits into which software has been programmed.
    (f) Software includes but is not limited to the system functional design, logic flow, algorithms, application programs, operating systems, and support software for design, implementation, test, operation, diagnosis and repair. A person who intends to export only software should, unless it is specifically enumerated in § 121.1 of this subchapter (e.g., USML Category XIII(b)), apply for a technical data license pursuant to part 125 of this subchapter.
    (g) A system is a combination of parts, components, accessories, attachments, firmware, software, equipment, or end-items that operate together to perform a function.Note to paragraph (g): The industrial standards established by INCOSE and NASA provide examples for when commodities and software operate together to perform a function as a system. References to these standards are included in this note to provide examples for when commodities or software operate together to perform a function as a system. See the INCOSE standards for what constitutes a system at: http://g2sebok.incose.org/app/mss/as...OK%202.00&ST=F, and in INCOSE SE Handbook v3.1 2007; ISO/IEC 15288:2008. See the NASA standards for examples of what constitutes a system in NASA SE Handbook SP–2007–6105 Rev 1.
    (h) Equipment is a combination of parts, components, accessories, attachments, firmware, or software that operate together to perform a function of, as, or for an end-item or system. Equipment may be a subset of an end-item based on the characteristics of the equipment. Equipment that meets the definition of an end-item is an end-item. Equipment that does not meet the definition of an end-item is a component, accessory, attachment, firmware, or software.

22 C.F.R. § 120.45

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB View Post
    I'll donate to help defray that cost.
    I am in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I am in as well.
    If it gets there, me too. Many hands make light bills. Or something.

I was talking about the attorneys fee.

Thanks, guys but it's an ongoing cost that has to be paid annually. I need to just rejigger things and make it work in the business plan.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I think it's clear I've opened my mouth in an arena where I shouldn't have and my understanding was likely incorrect. As such, I will now STFU and listen to what people who are better equipped to answer say.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by joshs View Post
    That's not what this DDTC document says. If you thread a single barrel for profit, the DDTC thinks you need to register.
    I stand corrected.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List