Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Does one appendix holster work for all your carry needs?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I'm embarrassed to say sprinting after the dog. It's been very dry and the gravel road is a bit slippery as a result.

I had 16 stitches in the right and 5 or 6 in the left hand. Removed two weeks ago. Left hand is pretty good at the moment. Right hand is a work in progress. Hope to get back to some (light) weight training in the coming week. I've felt like a useless SOB for the last 4 weeks.
    Sorry to hear that, hope you heal up quick. I was looking at a pretty amazing collection of Case knives yesterday. Hundreds of them from pretty much every decade. 50 or so Randall's as well.

Yes, one appendix carry holster (per gun) works for all of my appendix carry needs. There are times I don't appendix carry but those times are rare and obviously require a different holster.

Quote Originally Posted by Duces Tecum View Post
    Dog probably thought you were playing. He hears you returning from the emergency room and he's running to the door thinking, "Oh, that was cool, Daddy! Let's do it again!"
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Sorry to hear that, hope you heal up quick. I was looking at a pretty amazing collection of Case knives yesterday. Hundreds of them from pretty much every decade. 50 or so Randall's as well.
    Thanks, guys. It's frustrating but it's coming along. Hopefully won't be too long before I can shoot again.

SLG, if I can ever help out with knives or contacts in that arena, shoot me a PM. Happy to help out if I can though I'm somewhat less active than I used to be as far as keeping up with some of the makers.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Thanks, guys. It's frustrating but it's coming along. Hopefully won't be too long before I can shoot again.

SLG, if I can ever help out with knives or contacts in that arena, shoot me a PM. Happy to help out if I can though I'm somewhat less active than I used to be as far as keeping up with some of the makers.
    I appreciate the offer. I'm not as active in that area as I used to be, but I have some ties to that industry. If something comes up though, I'll definitely reach out.

I continue to find the combination of a traditional appendix holster like a JM George along with a clip holster like the JM Universal best meets my needs. I have the George set up with kydex split loops, optimized in height for my draw. My Universal is set-up lower, to optimize concealment at the cost of less knuckle clearance. The Universal is perfect for use, like tonight, where I went for a hike in Prana shorts that just have an integral belt. The clip holds perfectly.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I continue to find the combination of a traditional appendix holster like a JM George along with a clip holster like the JM Universal best meets my needs. I have the George set up with kydex split loops, optimized in height for my draw. My Universal is set-up lower, to optimize concealment at the cost of less knuckle clearance. The Universal is perfect for use, like tonight, where I went for a hike in Prana shorts that just have an integral belt. The clip holds perfectly.
    I think this is money.

I have a G17 sized keeper with solid belt loop, allowing carry of G17/19/26 with good concealment of the bigger pistols and very solid draw, and a clip on Keeper lite in G19 size that allows versatile on-off and a little flatter footprint for the shorter gripped guns.

The on-off is very handy for me, for instance it's nice if I'm in and out of school with the daughters and need to discretely de-gun in the car.

I do need a tuckable, deep concealment option for dressing up though.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Well, no. The only auto-pistol I have that works well for me, all day long, AIWB, is a G26 in an RCS AC-R. I tried several AIWB rigs for the G19, all high-end, recommended by good folks on such forums as this this one and TPI. All were of the type that position the grip to be accessible for a full grasp of the grip at the start of the draw. In each case, with G19-sized holsters, the muzzle area creates a hot spot, if I persevere in wearing it. I gave up. My primary handgun usually rides at 0300, anyway, same as my duty holster position, so AIWB is mainly for a second weapon, and the G26 is a wonderful second weapon.

I can carry several 3" and 4" revolvers AIWB, with all-day comfort. The wider cylinder rests in the inguinal crease, and the slimmer barrel bridges past the place where a G19-sized holster creates the hot spot. My revolver AIWB holsters are no longer in production, from the Eighties, made by Eagle Industries, and notably, differ from their more-recent IWB holsters.

I the past, I found I could wear my Wilson Combat Sentinel AIWB, in a Blade-Tech IWB holster that I modified to ride vertically. The Sentinel never became a trusted carry gun, however, as its magazine springs tended to lose tension if kept loaded. Full-length magazines worked well enough, but that defeated the purpose of the Sentinel-sized weapon, so I sold it, with full disclosure of its history. (I later heard that Wilson Combat had fixed its weak-mag-spring issues, which caused some seller's remorse.)

While I was carrying the G17, I used a CCC Shaggy, or the Zorn Skinny rig.
    A Zorn Skinny also for the 26.

Now that I have gone to the Walther P99as as my EDC, I exclusively use a KSG sidekick AIWB. Gabe built me an amazing holster that comfortable all day, hides great, and is very well built.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

User Tag List