Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does one appendix holster work for all your carry needs?

Nope. All depends on the cut of the pants/jeans/shorts I'm wearing.
    #RESIST

Belt loops drive my choice most of the time. I find that holsters that have the loops over the slide conceal better and are more comfortable (since I have to run my belt tighter on winged holsters to keep them from tilting); however, some of the pants and shorts I wear have loops positioned such that my loops-on-slide holsters can't get in the right position. With 3:00 holsters it's a similar dynamic with opposite results -- with heavier guns I prefer a winged holster to fight tilt, and with lighter guns I prefer loops on top because they let me ride the holster at a true 3:00 rather than creeping around to 3:30 because the wing won't wrap around the point of my hip well enough.

I have two. Both are gm, one is his traditional aiwb with full shield and soft loops while the other is his universal for when I wear shorts or am just running out really quick and don't feel like wearing a belt. I have also grown an ass lately because of dead lifts and squats so my need fro a belt has become less and I just throw a spare mag in my back pocket.

No one holster works all the time.. This is why we offer three different ones. Depending on what I'm doing that day I might wear one or all three and different times. As of wile recovering from my knee replacement ive ran the Keeper Lite and a G19 in sweat pants... with a good draw cord it works like a champ.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

Yes. Dark Star Gear clip holster.

Only time it doesn't work is if I'm wearing something without a belt and running/ being active. Then it's basically the same holster, but for a G43. No belt and not being very active, I can still use the G17 clip on with my 19L.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Sorta. You on IG?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using an owl
    I am not.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

I made a specific holster for a specific pair of jeans one time. I stopped wearing those jeans and made sure to never buy another pair with such a low rise.
    www.ASkydex.com

lets see...

vangaurd2 for anytime I have to dress up and need to either wear a suit or something that's close to business/formal

JM aiwb with a wedge for daily

JM aiwb single loop rmr cut when I gata do rmr stuff
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I only use one so far that seems to work with everything.

It's a JMCK IWB with only one soft loop worn AIWB with a gel heel pad as a wedge. The ride height just happened to be perfect.

When I'm changing to a different holster due to concealment requirements, I'm generally changing guns too; going from a P226 to a P229.

So yes and no; I have 1 AIWB holster that I use for each gun, but I have different guns for different concealment requirements.

User Tag List