Page 131 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1594

Thread: Scout rifle, circa 2016

Maybe this is the new scout base rifle...

It has all the right features except caliber.

https://www.realguns.com/articles/957.htm/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Had the chance to shoot one of those once.

No lie, it was pretty cool. We'd been shooting bowling pins at a friend's house and that rifle just seemed to break them to pieces.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post

Hmmm.....a quick glance at an ammunition table shows it in the 30-30 neighborhood at the muzzle with 180gr loads, and the option to go heavier. Given that and the available bullets, it'll never shoot as flat as modern rifle calibers, but it is a nice compact package.
    Last edited by peterb; 10-21-2017 at 09:53 AM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    If I remember right, lots of people have had trouble getting accuracy on par for hunting rifles out of pistol-caliber Rugers.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    EuroOptic has a .308 available.
    Holding out for a 9.3.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What’s going on with the T3X Arctic? When it is going to actually hit shelves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    What’s going on with the T3X Arctic? When it is going to actually hit shelves?
    Get on the Euro Optic waiting list.
    I've had multiple opportunities to buy one from them, just haven't done it yet.
    I just can't convince myself the nice iron sights and 10 round capacity are worth ditching my Steyr for the Tikka for the role I use a Scout rifle in.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Get on the Euro Optic waiting list.
    I've had multiple opportunities to buy one from them, just haven't done it yet.
    I just can't convince myself the nice iron sights and 10 round capacity are worth ditching my Steyr for the Tikka for the role I use a Scout rifle in.
    Thanks guys, I didn’t realize they were already available. It’s always show out of stock for me at euro optic and google was no luck for me. Google took me to some Canadian dealers. Knowing they’re available, I’ll be picking one of these up as soon as funds permit. If I would have known this sooner I would have held off on some other purchases in leu of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem with the Arctic is the use of ridiculously expensive proprietary Tikka magazines.

I was going for their CTR which uses the same mags, but decided to buy a cheaper T3 model and an AICS-compatible chassis, and ended up actually making a less expensive setup when you count the magazines.

User Tag List