Page 156 of 160 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1594

Thread: Scout rifle, circa 2016

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    I reckon there's a LH .270 Tikka for you out there somewhere...
    Even worse, for my budget, there is a sweet Sako LH-action .270 at you-know-where. With iron sights that my eyes LIKE. Sigh. Really, I bought that LMT upper, and stainless match LMT barrel, from Primary Arms, and keep buying .223 77-grain OTM as fast as Midway’s rationing system will let me, so I should try to ignore that Sako.

OTOH, I seem to remember Col. Jeff Cooper writing that riflemen are always broke.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Even worse, for my budget, there is a sweet Sako LH-action .270 at you-know-where. With iron sights that my eyes LIKE. Sigh. Really, I bought that LMT upper, and stainless match LMT barrel, from Primary Arms, and keep buying .223 77-grain OTM as fast as Midway’s rationing system will let me, so I should try to ignore that Sako.

OTOH, I seem to remember Col. Jeff Cooper writing that riflemen are always broke.
    I keep telling myself I'm going to save up my money, finish the project guns I have, fix up my trucks, yadda yadda yadda. But one way or another guns keep finding me. Someone here will post a link or a coworker wants to unload something or I go down to the LGS to pick up something else and they have something I've wanted for a long time... If it's something you don't see every day, go ahead and grab it. You might not get another chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I keep telling myself I'm going to save up my money, finish the project guns I have, fix up my trucks, yadda yadda yadda. But one way or another guns keep finding me. Someone here will post a link or a coworker wants to unload something or I go down to the LGS to pick up something else and they have something I've wanted for a long time... If it's something you don't see every day, go ahead and grab it. You might not get another chance.
    If I had a nickel for every gun that I let get away...... Wish I had bought that well worn Auto 5 with the 18 1/2” barrel 10-12 years ago. It hadn’t been treated all that well and I thought it’d be a good project. But I backed out after looking at all the work it needed. I kick myself almost daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    If I had a nickel for every gun that I let get away...... Wish I had bought that well worn Auto 5 with the 18 1/2” barrel 10-12 years ago. It hadn’t been treated all that well and I thought it’d be a good project. But I backed out after looking at all the work it needed. I kick myself almost daily.
    I can't even remember all the times I've let something go that I regretted. Which is a good thing. I've been really lucky in the last few years and I've been getting second chances at things. A few months ago a coworker was selling an H&R Buffalo Classic but I needed the money for something else and had to pass. The other day I was picking up a pistol at the LGS and they had one on consignment so I snatched it up.
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    If I had a nickel for every gun that I let get away...
    Nobody else will ever pay you a nickel for leaving a gun behind. On the other hand, you do pay yourself several Benjamins for every gun that you leave behind. Stuff adds up.

One guy on this site who has like three pistols drives a Porsche.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Nobody else will ever pay you a nickel for leaving a gun behind. On the other hand, you do pay yourself several Benjamins for every gun that you leave behind. Stuff adds up.

Great. I'd rather drive an old Chevy and have more guns. I mean, both of them are mostly for fun.

I’ve bought 4 guns in the last 20 years. It’s not like I’m buying everything in site. Maybe a better way of saying this is, There have been some guns that I’ve passed on buying, that I regret as they were opportunities that just don’t happen all that often. A 3 1/2” Model 27-2, the aforementioned Auto 5 and several others. So, maybe not a fortune in nickels, but not so much saved that I’m rolling around in a 911 GT3 RS.

Regarding the Steyr Scout, aesthetics aside, are there practical factors to consider in choosing between the black and the green stock setups? (I've ruled out the other options.)

This rifle will be used in the north half of the US, so it won't be baking in the desert all day, if that makes any difference to your answer.

I’m right on the cusp of buying a Steyr Scout in 243, for absolutely no practical reason whatsoever. I want a ban proof, lightweight, accurate and flat shooting bolt gun for whitetail deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I’m right on the cusp of buying a Steyr Scout in 243, for absolutely no practical reason whatsoever. I want a ban proof, lightweight, accurate and flat shooting bolt gun for whitetail deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean, that’s what I’m thinking for MI. Can .243 take Black Bear? Not that I’m looking to go hunt Black Bear, but for the lower 48, with the exception of taking large game, it strikes me as an available caliber for medium game and social purposes.

User Tag List