Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First GSSF Event This Saturday. Tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Looks like I値l have the opportunity to shoot two GSSF matches next year; one in Dallas in April and one in Port Townsend Washington.

It looks like a fun thing to get some competition in on.
    Well, my trip got changed, so I won稚 be in Dallas.

But!

Apparently there is a new GSSF venue in Port Charlotte, doing monthly matches. This is about 75 miles south of me.

So I might be giving this a try after all.

Well, my trip got changed, so I won稚 be in Dallas.

But!

Apparently there is a new GSSF venue in Port Charlotte, doing monthly matches. This is about 75 miles south of me.

So I might be giving this a try after all.
    I grew up on Whidbey...I知 a coupeville boy. My Dad takes the Port Townsend ferry to Bangor everyday.

civiliandefender.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman A. House DDS View Post
    I grew up on Whidbey...I知 a coupeville boy. My Dad takes the Port Townsend ferry to Bangor everyday.

civiliandefender.com
    Cool Doc; we toured a good part of WA last summer, spent a bunch of time in Sequim and the upper NW side of Olympia. It's very nice up there.

Actually this GSSF match is in Port Charlotte Florida; south of me where I'm now living in Clearwater...
    Last edited by RJ; 04-11-2018 at 07:53 PM.

First GSSF Event This Saturday. Tips?

Cool Doc; we toured a good part of WA last summer, spent a bunch of time in Sequim and the upper NW side of Olympia. It's very nice up there.

Actually this GSSF match is in Port Charlotte Florida; south of me where I'm now living in Clearwater...
    So my schedule finally lined up with a match this Saturday in Port Charlotte. I may drive down solo, or Mrs. Rich may come and we might make it a weekend.

I learned via another thread a SCD is a non approved part, so I just put my OEM endplate back in the G19.

I might take my G26 as well, if I can shoot it. I知 assuming my USPSA Production rig is kosher, but I値l check the rules to be sure.

Looking forward to having a different shooting experience.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-15-2018 at 02:39 PM.

So my schedule finally lined up with a match this Saturday in Port Charlotte. I may drive down solo, or Mrs. Rich may come and we might make it a weekend.

I learned via another thread a SCD is a non approved part, so I just put my OEM endplate back in the G19.

I might take my G26 as well, if I can shoot it. I知 assuming my USPSA Production rig is kosher, but I値l check the rules to be sure.

Looking forward to having a different shooting experience.
    You are correct that the Gadget SCD isn't allowed (well, it is, so I was told, but causes a bump to Unlimited division, so just don't have it on your gun.)

If you want to transport your gun around in your Production rig instead of a box/case, I'm sure you can (they'll require unloaded and slide locked back), but it will also be irrelevant because there are no draws, or on the clock reloads, in GSSF.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List