Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Just when I thought I was over 1911's.....

I'm already planning my return to 1911s in case HC gets elected. Same size and weight as my current blaster but half the rounds, but they're magical .45acp so it doesn't matter.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Nyeti, why did you have to go and post that?

I had just managed to convince myself that I didn't want another 1911.
    If I am going, I am bringing others with me...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm already planning my return to 1911s in case HC gets elected. Same size and weight as my current blaster but half the rounds, but they're magical .45acp so it doesn't matter.
    One of the favorite quotes from my best friend and mentor who as killed like the plague with a 1911 all over the planet..."I like to carry a Glock, but I like to fight with a 1911". A lot of real world experience behind that statement. One of my prized possessions is his 1911. You pick it up and it speaks to you of a time when had leaders who were unapologetic or squeamish about sending people overseas with a mission to quietly kill evil folks who were bent on our destruction.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Nyeti just FYI I will hold you personally responsible if I wake up after a night out and find that I am the winning bidder on a CCO 9mm 1911.

That is exactly how I would set one up. I like it. And I don't even carry a 1911.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Very nice. Congratulations on a fine looking Colt.

My retro 1911 carry pistol. John Harrison did this for me in 2005, starting with a stainless Series '70 repro. Grips came from the late Jim Alaimo from Nutmeg Sports. He sent John six pairs from which I was able to choose for this project.

My father taught me appreciation and respect for the 1911. I taught my sons the same and expect them to pass the tradition on to their children in turn. Thus, I have made our world a better place to live

Sigh.

DB, I have the same weakness. I have been looking quite closely to the current Colt 04840XE LightWeight Commander... with the knowledge I can load plenty of "light burret/powder ammo" to shoot it a lot, but will still be able to handle full power .45ACP to shoot it for real, if ever necessary. I too have been thinking about it for the same reason Hambo is.

Of course, the several HK45C pistols I have make this 1911 pretty much not needed... but who gives a shit? I have quit shooting trap for good; a guy up north wants my Beretta 682 Gold E, has put a deposit on it, and if he finishes the sale I'll buy a NIB 04840XE in a heartbeat.

The BIG question is... get another IWB kydex holster, or go with a great old-style leather IWB? Like you say... nobody cares WHAT we use anymore, so the need is up to us. Getting old isn't ALL bad...

That's about the perfect carry 1911.

But I've staked my last plunger tube, fixed my last grip bushing, tuned the last extractor, sear spring, shot the last spring plug across the room....

Have fun!

DB why not?!?

Use the 45c's for beat up guns and carry the 1911.

User Tag List