Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Just when I thought I was over 1911's.....

Just when I thought I was over 1911's.....

This just came home from JT Timmons with another gun. My logical brain says "stick with polymer HK's", my heart says....screw it, carry this bad boy, you're beard is gray, it's okay."

This Talo Concealed Carry model is one of the 40 where some likely fired now Colt employee grabbed the Special Combat Officer's slide from the custom shop and assembled guns for Talo. JT did a tune up, Harrison sights, and a safety. I like the old school vertical serrations on the slide, retro sights and ring hammer to give it a very traditional 1911 look in a very light, flat, and proportioned package. Feels like an actual extension of the hand. Choices.......
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Very cool, congrats. As a fellow graybeard I'm not sure we ever truly get over the 1911 thing.

Wow, that's really nice. I still like the 1911-A1 short trigger that this has. Congrats, that's a beauty.

Those Harrison sights work really, really well. My for sure favorite.

Nyeti, why did you have to go and post that?

I had just managed to convince myself that I didn't want another 1911.

I saw this on someone's sig line on M4Carbine.net....love this quote:

" Your father's 1911. This is the weapon of an American gunfighter. Not as clumsy or random as a Glock. An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. "

Site Supporter
    Now that is very nice. I have a S70 Repro set up with a bead front and Harrison retro rear sight -- it's the best sight you can put in a GI slot IMO.

I'm having the same issues. Tried and true HK polymer lover. Unfortunately I just got a call from John Ralston at 5 Shot Leather saying my holsters are ready for my 1911's.

That looks quite similar to the concept that I had for my personal Nighthawk Talon II, that has worked well. A retro-look, but with modernized bits where they provided superior performance advantages. I pretty much ended up spec'cing virtually every individual component. Other than a flawed machined frontstrap checkering execution by their frame vendor of that time, it came out meeting all of my expectations.

Best, Jon

With its current VCD grips:

With OEM spec'ced VZ Gatorback grips:

Site Supporter
    Very nice. I picked up a colt Wiley clapp lightweight commander this summer. I just need to order some new Milt sparks leather for it.

User Tag List