Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EWO class videos Dallas July 23&24

1. I understand the concept behind dropping weight to do a take down or something along those lines, but the first three videos clearly show the same head down contact.
    Part of the curriculum is using the head to provide forward pressure during a clinch.
    This is taught via the famous "mountain goat drill".

Thanks for going back and forth, trying to get an idea what to expect if I come out to a class.
    No worries. What you can expect is that I will present what I do in as clear a way as I know how and that I will give everyone individual attention.

To be candid I think what I do is so disparate from what you do and believe that there may very well be points that are not reconcilable. Which is why there are plenty of options in the training community.

Site Supporter
    I posted the videos in no particular order what so ever.
    So, they don't flow with the order S'narc teaches the material.

When S'narc presents his materials it flows and builds upon the previous material. He is clear and concise and it makes sense when you see it presented in person.

I really wanted to attend this class. Thanks very much for the videos, Jackdog.

Inescapable work commitments had me literally working around the clock that weekend.

I do hope Mr Douglas returns somewhere in this area soon for EWO, ECQC and especially AMIS.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Thanks for going back and forth, trying to get an idea what to expect if I come out to a class.
    I'm seriously hoping that you do take a SouthNarc class. I know that I want to.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm seriously hoping that you do take a SouthNarc class. I know that I want to.
    It is definitely on my list, but so is a lot of stuff that is vastly more applicable to my current position.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I really wanted to attend this class. Thanks very much for the videos, Jackdog.

Inescapable work commitments had me literally working around the clock that weekend.

I do hope Mr Douglas returns somewhere in this area soon for EWO, ECQC and especially AMIS.
    Ditto. I had the work requirements erupt shortly before the class. I will travel to make up for my failure to attend.

Craig is one of the best. I've not yet taken EWO or ECQC (sacrilege!), but AMIS in Pittsburgh this year convinced me I need to do more with him. His schedule just never seems to jive (or is it jibe?) with mine (2017 may turn out the same, which makes me sad). Craig gives it to you straight with zero fluff, just stuff that works.

Craig is one of the best instructors I've taken a class from. I was miserable through long stretches of ECQC. Days were long. I was bruised and bloodied. Getting pounced on by someone 18 years your junior who weighs 50 lbs more and 7 inches taller was not fun. I'll readily admit that I'm not a tough guy. I'm glad I took the class and got a lot out of it.

I have been blessed to have spent several years entirely devoted to blade stuff, and was actually tasked by my agency to develop that expertise. I have been with some of the best folks in the country and many with very different ways of doing things. I have done work with folks with very extensive actual use of edged weapons in both offensive and defensive capacities. With that precursor......I send a lot of people to Southnarc. I first took a seminar type class from Craig back probably 15 plus years ago, and found that while we were totally different in size, background, and working assignments in LE, we were both on the same path and was amazed at how many of the same conclusions we were reaching after putting in a lot of study combined with what were we seeing in the field as cops. In the areas of difference...Craig made rational sense and was in no way totally out there, we just reached a different conclusion and all the solutions were viable even if different. I wholeheartedly endorse Southnarcs classes and any one who has taken a class with us knows that we recommend our students also train with Craig, as he is doing some very solid stuff backed up with a ton of real world experience to back up why and what he does.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List