Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drive Thru Tactics?

Is this really a thing? Given A) everyone here is interested in their own health and survival and B) the types of foods served at drive throughs, maybe we should have a thread on "tactics for security while banging Gaetan Dugas."

I don't think anyone was suggesting eating drive thru 3 meals a day 7 days a week. You can be healthy AND tear up a double cheez with bacon once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Basically if you are caught off guard, and caught "on the X" an option is to drive through the ambush.

This may include making bumper to bumper contact with the vehicle in front of you and pushing it completely out of the drive through.

Reversing out is another option. Same thing. If blocked, make slow contact until you are bumper to bumper, then rapid acceleration.
    ^^^ This, and keeping space to maneuver.

Also, 33 rd mags for the g.

I absolutely detest the automatic door unlocking. If I want the doors locked I don't want the damned car unlocking them, All of them. Its fricking retarded. I didnt know some could be reprogrammed. Have to look into that, or find the circuit and cut the wire.

Should be able to selectively unlock any door with the key or remote without unlocking all of them at once. Current ride doesn't have a key hole on the passenger side.
    Last edited by Malamute; 07-27-2016 at 09:17 PM.

Seatbelt off. Although your best response to trouble is to execute the vehicular version of the Nike Defense (Goodyear Defense?), cars tend to turn into coffins when bullets start flying. Being able to unass the car in a hurry if needed gives you options, especially if driving through isn't feasible. This is something to consider with putting the car close to the wall on the driver's side--it eliminates an avenue of attack, but also eliminates an avenue of escape. El Cid brought up an excellent point with this, but many tactics are a trade-offs, and choosing to dance with one devil means foregoing the opportunity to dance with another. No right or wrong answer (unless you get killed in da streetz), just part of the equation...

Some people need to expand their minds a little. Not everybody hits a drive-thru because they're a glutton reaping what they sow due to perpetual poor life decisions. Example, for those of us that travel as part of our profession, hitting a drive-thru isn't at all uncommon, nor is being unarmed while doing so. Mindset and Tactics is often all I have with me. Airport pocket dump = flashlight and pen. Reprogramming rental car door locks isn't always an option, or realistic.

Things like constant SA, getting my own rental and insisting on driving everywhere (gain control out of courtesy/respect of course), checking out pedestrians/drivers/passengers, keeping my car in gear until I've scanned and ready to get out, involving my passengers in our security if possible, always be looking for ways to move/drive/escape and creating/leaving enough space to do so are part of everyday life IMO.

This doesn't just apply to traveling unarmed or drive-thru food and banking. Doing what we can with what we have to avoid being ambushed and stuck is SA 101 regardless, so it seems most of this stuff naturally becomes SOP when in a vehicle. That being said, there are certain risks one accepts when getting into a places like a drive-thru lane that is somehow obstructed by other structures or immoveable objects.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Is this really a thing? Given A) everyone here is interested in their own health and survival and B) the types of foods served at drive throughs...
    If Hate Chicken is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If Hate Chicken is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
    Hate Chicken changed their BBQ sauce, and are dead to me. My one-man Facebook request/meme/hashtag onslaught has thus far changed failed to change their minds.

#bringbackBBQ
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Hate Chicken changed their BBQ sauce...
    Changed their what, now?

Look, if you are an Orthodox Chick-fil-A'er, you put Tabasco on your chicken sandwich. If you're a Reform Chick-fil-A'er, you put Texas Pete on it. If you get a wild hair and order nuggets, they get Polynesian or honey mustard.
    All else is an Abomination Unto Nuggan. Now go forth and sin no more.
    Last edited by Tamara; 08-09-2016 at 08:40 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Changed their what, now?

Look, if you are an Orthodox Chick-fil-A'er, you put Tabasco on your chicken sandwich. If you're a Reform Chick-fil-A'er, you put Texas Pete on it. If you get a wild hair and order nuggets, they get Polynesian or honey mustard.
    All else is an Abomination Unto Nuggan. Now go forth and sin no more.
    Clearly we are of different sects. There is but one item on the CFA menu, the #5 12-pack. It is to be consumed with Dr. Pepper and each blessed nugget and hol(e)y waffle fry must be baptized in the original, only BBQ sauce. Such it has been since I was a youth and a few times a year we would make the long and arduous pilgrimage to the lone Chick-Fil-A hidden deep within the mall in the City.

This "smokehouse" BBQ they have unleashed upon us is blasphemy of the highest order, but my calls on them to repent have proven as futile as pointing out Hillary's crimes to an MSNBC viewer.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Clearly we are of different sects. There is but one item on the CFA menu, the #5 12-pack. It is to be consumed with Dr. Pepper and each blessed nugget and hol(e)y waffle fry must be baptized in the original, only BBQ sauce. Such it has been since I was a youth and a few times a year we would make the long and arduous pilgrimage to the lone Chick-Fil-A hidden deep within the mall in the City.

This "smokehouse" BBQ they have unleashed upon us is blasphemy of the highest order, but my calls on them to repent have proven as futile as pointing out Hillary's crimes to an MSNBC viewer.
    Um... You meant to say sweet tea right? :|

User Tag List