Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drive Thru Tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I grew up in Bend, and maybe things have changed but I don't recall there being a "low-rent part of town." Where would that be?
    Near the Cascade Lodge on 3rd St.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by txdpd View Post
    One of the better features of smarter modern cars is that they automatically unlock the door when placed in park, other with the touch sensor in the door handles will unlock as long of the cars in park and the key fob is present. "Slider" car burglaries are made possible thanks to those features.
    I'm ashamed to admit this didn't register with me. So the only way to "really" lock the doors when you are inside these modern cars is to not put the car in park? I would have hoped when the engine was running this feature wouldn't be active.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I'm ashamed to admit this didn't register with me. So the only way to "really" lock the doors when you are inside these modern cars is to not put the car in park? I would have hoped when the engine was running this feature wouldn't be active.
    My newest car is a 2007. Can these more modern machines be programmed to do something other than the default, i.e., not unlocking like that? My Durango has several options the operator can choose to program or set.

Without disclosing the TTPs that are currently used by some outfits/some places, I will suggest this.:

You obviously are not likely in an armored vehicle, and a lot will depend on the environment, and if you are with another person who is armed, and/or is a skilled practitioner.

Basically if you are caught off guard, and caught "on the X" an option is to drive through the ambush.

This may include making bumper to bumper contact with the vehicle in front of you and pushing it completely out of the drive through.

Reversing out is another option. Same thing. If blocked, make slow contact until you are bumper to bumper, then rapid acceleration.

Exiting the vehicle on the off side of the contact (where the fire/threat is coming from) is another.

There is a lot you can do, but essentially it is "situation dependent" and one size does not fit all.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Assuming it does unlock when it park (not all are identical, so I don't take it as a blanket statement), then you either don't put it in park (who shifts in and out of park while creeping through the drive-thru? Do you put it in park at stop lights, too?) or you just push the magical "lock" button when you want to lock the doors.

Overall, I'd contend this is 99% a matter of the stupids aligning - stupid places at stupid times. The likelihood goes down dramatically from abandoned 'hood McDonalds at 3 am Sunday to busy Suburbs McDonalds at noon on a Tuesday. If you're out at 3 am and you're hungry, but don't want to accept the risk... Well, get your butt home.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Clearly, eating at a drive through should be added to "Things that will absolutely get you killed in da streetz."

Every car I've had that had some sort of automatic locking could have that feature programmed by the user as desired. VW, BMW, Saab, Volvo, MB, going back to the early aughties.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I agree, and almost always just park and go inside.

News items documenting robberies of persons in "stuck in line" cars at the drive-through aren't hard to find.
    It's almost always faster, too.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    It's almost always faster, too.

Okie John
    Unless you've got a gaggle of single-digit-aged kids in tow.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    Without disclosing the TTPs that are currently used by some outfits/some places, I will suggest this.:

You obviously are not likely in an armored vehicle, and a lot will depend on the environment, and if you are with another person who is armed, and/or is a skilled practitioner.

Basically if you are caught off guard, and caught "on the X" an option is to drive through the ambush.

This may include making bumper to bumper contact with the vehicle in front of you and pushing it completely out of the drive through.

Reversing out is another option. Same thing. If blocked, make slow contact until you are bumper to bumper, then rapid acceleration.

Exiting the vehicle on the off side of the contact (where the fire/threat is coming from) is another.

There is a lot you can do, but essentially it is "situation dependent" and one size does not fit all.

Post #10, anyone ?????

User Tag List