Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Drive Thru Tactics?

It's CALLED 'Chik-fil-a Sauce.'
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Changed their what, now?

Look, if you are an Orthodox Chick-fil-A'er, you put Tabasco on your chicken sandwich. If you're a Reform Chick-fil-A'er, you put Texas Pete on it. If you get a wild hair and order nuggets, they get Polynesian or honey mustard.
    All else is an Abomination Unto Nuggan. Now go forth and sin no more.
    You need to try the sauce from Raising Cane's on a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. It's magical.

JR1572

Drive Thru Tactics?

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post
    You need to try the sauce from Raising Cane's on a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. It's magical.

JR1572
    Canes is awesome.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 08-09-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Canes is awesome.
    Seriously. It's my favorite fast food joint. Here's my list:

1. Raising Cane's
    2. Chick-Fil-A
    3. Tie between Popeye's and Taco Bell

When I decide to stop being a fatass again, I'll be doing Smoothie King and Subway.

JR1572

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    The Chick Fil A sandwich on the medical campus doesnt even have ovens - just heat lamps. They only serve original or spicy chicken sandwich with or without pickle, all prepared offsite and kept warm by heatlamp.

I still eat there now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by JR1572 View Post

Popeye's

JR1572
    I don't recall seeing a Popeye's in an area where I would feel comfortable without a plate carrier and an SBR. OK, maybe that's an exaggeration: concealable body armor and two pistols.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    In San Antonio, there are Popeye's in what are seen as respectable and higher class areas. Of course, maybe in TX you need an SBR everywhere?

Not much in the way of details, but recent and relevant:

Man killed during robbery in Lorain Taco Bell drive-thru
    http://fox8.com/2016/08/15/man-kille...ll-drive-thru/

In drive-thru's I generally leave myself enough space between me and the car in front to maneuver instead of being bumper to bumper like most people do. I started doing that after I was in line at a coffee shop heading to my college campus. The drive-thru was up a fairly steep hill and had a high curb on the side away from the building. At the time I was driving a Mustang aka zero ground clearance. I had just ordered and a dude walked up to my car from out of nowhere and started into a story about needing money for gas to get home with his baby yadda yadda. He didn't fit into the surrounding neighborhood AT ALL. One of those where alarm bells were going off in my head. Except I had no where to go if things went south with the curb to my right and already being in a low car. He left without incident but it made me do a lot of thinking. I didn't get caught in that drive-thru again. I've since sold the mustang anyways and drive a Wrangler now so ground clearance is a non issue if that happened again and I needed to get out of there.

I was thinking about this thread while driving today and I realized I don't do the same thing when stopped at a normal stop light. Its my new goal to start paying attention to leaving myself room to maneuver while stopped at lights as well.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Unless you've got a gaggle of single-digit-aged kids in tow.
    Or you are working after midnight in the hood and it's drive through only.

User Tag List