Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beretta PX4 full size

Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I had some of those when I had a 9mm PX 4 Compact. They were full sized mags made for the NJ / CO market. CDNN had them.
    Really???!!!!!

Where can one get a small backstrap, outside USA, preferably both cheaply and quickly? Brownells is out of stock, Beretta won't sell directly, local importer is... well... the shop that sold me the gun tried to get a price quote out of those guys. Unsuccessfully. I might have better luck with them next month, but I would kind of hope to get the question of which backstrap to use settled ASAP so I can do something about that slippery grip.

Still no luck with the backstrap. I am seriously starting to question whether to pursue this any further or to just live with the one that came with the damn gun.

Any words of wisdom on how the small backstrap changes the grip? On the other hand, I have pretty small hands. On the other, I seem to reach the trigger just fine with the medium. Without picking up a gun with the small backstrap installed, I can't figure out what it'd do to the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Still no luck with the backstrap. I am seriously starting to question whether to pursue this any further or to just live with the one that came with the damn gun.

Any words of wisdom on how the small backstrap changes the grip? On the other hand, I have pretty small hands. On the other, I seem to reach the trigger just fine with the medium. Without picking up a gun with the small backstrap installed, I can't figure out what it'd do to the grip.
    So people with small hands do seem to feel the difference with the small backstrap. At least the ones I have worked with specifically with the PX4 Compact.

Hope this helps.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Well, I was having no luck with the backstrap so I thought sod it, I'll buy the damn Talon Grips grip tape for the medium/large backstraps. The tape arrived already (that was pretty quick!) and I installed it on the gun right away.

I must say, the difference in how the grip feels is just amazing. Feels like a whole other gun now. Absolutely recommended for any PX4! And the way the gun didn't quite seem to fit well in my hand with the medium backstrap, that feeling is completely gone now. I think I'll just shoot the gun like this for a bit. Best $25 (international shipping included) I've spent in a while.

By the by, I had some free time this week and did the conversion to G model by removing the spring loaded ball bearing from the safety lever. Another small thing that has a HUGE effect on running the gun! Very happy with the way it turned out.

How much will the low profile decocking and slide release levers, comp trigger group, D spring, mag release buttons, and Trijicon HD night sights set you back? Are they all available?

I'm interested in the full size or I would wait for Langdon's edition on the compact

There are several topics on the PX4 and I can't even find all of them on my phone - my apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

Beretta sells a part they call "Lighter MAX Hammer Spring for Beretta Pistols (Competition)", part # C90160. They say it is compatible with the PX4 but won't say the weight of the spring. Does anyone here happen to know it, or have experience with this part?

Go with Langdon Tactical and don't look back

https://www.langdontactical.com/11-c...hammer-spring/

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    There are several topics on the PX4 and I can't even find all of them on my phone - my apologies if this has already been asked and answered.

Beretta sells a part they call "Lighter MAX Hammer Spring for Beretta Pistols (Competition)", part # C90160. They say it is compatible with the PX4 but won't say the weight of the spring. Does anyone here happen to know it, or have experience with this part?
    From memory in the long PX4 thread, that spring is 12.5#.

User Tag List