Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Walther P99AS - Still A Player?

How about if we merge this with the PX4 full size thread, and then add the Steyr M and Caracal to cover all the odd stuff at one time!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    How about if we merge this with the PX4 full size thread, and then add the Steyr M and Caracal to cover all the odd stuff at one time!
    Just because I'm a hipster mall ninja is no reason to make fun.

Actually...withdrawn.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Anyone able to confirm a P99 fits in a Kydex SW99 holster? I've got a nice Kydex holster for a SW99 I'd give away in a karma thread if it does.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Never mind. Found an actual SW99 owner that needs some karma.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Anyone able to confirm a P99 fits in a Kydex SW99 holster?
    I think that's one of those things that falls under "maybe." IIRC the shape of the slide and the frame is a little bit different, but not grossly different, so it might or might not fit depending on how tightly molded it is. Good that you found somebody who can definitely use it.

AFAIK the trigger guards have different shapes, the SW99 being more rounded than at least 1st generation P99.
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    To tell you what I did, I just check Bud's daily for my wish list guns. They occasionally have a sale that's solid. The P99AS was $523 for ages, then one day I looked and it was $441, so I bought immediately, then the next day it was back to $523. Weird and they're not an A+ outfit service wise but you can score some bomb deals if you stalk them like that.

I miss their "Name Your Price" thing, I got some steals with that, including a stainless SP2022 9mm with night sights for like $385, which I sold like a dingus. Never sell stuff.
    I've opted to hold on to my gun funds for the time being, and am going to pick up one of Wilson's Brig-Tac 92G's.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 08-01-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by TYR View Post
    I've opted to hold on to my gun funds for the time being, and am going to pick up one of Wilson's Brig-Tac 92G's.
    Honestly, I need to start just saving for fantasy guns like that rather than deal-hunting.

While the P99 is certainly a viable choice, I really think that one's money would be equally, if not more viably spent on a Glock G17 or a HK VP9.

Best, Jon

Vending Machine Operator

The Walther P99AS - Still A Player?

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    While the P99 is certainly a viable choice, I really think that one's money would be equally, if not more viably spent on a Glock G17 or a HK VP9.

Best, Jon
    I have a VP9 and a G19. I'm just irresponsible with money and a bit of a gun hoarder.

I've been scolded for the same by nearly every respectable member here.

I'm working on it, really :-/

At least give me partial credit that I really only shoot the VP9, Beretta 92, and PPS, enough that I'm starting to get decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 08-02-2016 at 01:33 PM.

User Tag List