Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107
Results 1,061 to 1,069 of 1069

Thread: Jokes. The good the bad and the ugly.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post

Did you know that a raven has 17 rigid feathers called pinions, while a crow has only 16. (I didn't get this one.)
    So the difference between a crow and a raven is a matter of a pinion. (That's the other half of the joke.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Thanatos View Post
    So the difference between a crow and a raven is a matter of a pinion. (That's the other half of the joke.)
    Aha. My buddy didn't include that part! Thanks.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

When does a joke become a Dad joke?

When it becomes apparent.

Little Bruce and Jenny are only 10 years old, but they know they are in love

One day they decide that they want to get married, so Bruce goes to Jenny's father to ask him for her hand.

"Mr. Smith, me and Jenny are in love and I want to ask for her hand in marriage."

Thinking that this was just the cutest thing, Mr. Smith replies, "Well, Bruce, you are only 10. Where will you two live?"

"In Jenny's room. It's bigger than mine and we can both fit there nicely."

Mr. Smith says with a huge grin, "Okay, then how will you live? You're not old enough to get a job. You'll need to support Jenny."

"Our allowance. Jenny makes five bucks a week and I make 10.That's about 60 bucks a month, so that should do us just fine."

Mr. Smith is impressed Bruce has put so much thought into this. "It seems like you have everything figured out.
    I just have one more question. What will you do if the two of you should have little children of your own?"

Bruce just shrugs his shoulders and says, "We've been lucky so far."
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Two ladies were talking in heaven.

“Hi! my name is Janet, what is your name?”

“I'm Sherry. It's nice to meet you. Can I ask you how you died?”

“Sure, I froze to Death.”

“How horrible!” responded Sherry.

“It wasn't so bad. After I quit shaking from the cold, I began to get warm & sleepy, and finally died a peaceful death. What about you?

Sherry responded, “I died of a massive heart attack. I suspected that my husband was cheating, so I came home early to catch him in the act. But instead, I found him all by himself in the den watching TV.

Janet said, “So, what happened?”

She continued, “I was so sure there was another woman there somewhere that I started running all over the house looking. I ran up into the attic and searched, and down into the basement.

Then I went through every closet and checked under all the beds. I kept this up until I had looked everywhere, and finally I became so exhausted that I just keeled over with a heart attack and died.

Janet said, “Too bad you didn't look in the freezer... we'd both still be alive.”

British Army Humour

Lt. Colonel Robert Maclaren retired from the British Army in 2001 after a long fulfilling career. On the day that he retired he received a letter from the Personnel Department of the Ministry of Defence setting out details of his pension and, in particular, the tax-free ‘lump sum’ award, (based upon completed years of service), that he would receive in addition to his monthly pension.

The letter read,

"Dear Lt. Colonel Maclaren,
    We write to confirm that you retired from the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards on 1st March 2001 at the rank of Lt Colonel, having been commissioned into the British Army at Edinburgh Castle as a 2nd Lieutenant on 1st February 1366.
    Accordingly your lump sum payment, based on years served, has been calculated as £68,500. You will receive a cheque for this amount in due course.
    Yours sincerely
    Army Paymaster”

Colonel Maclaren replied;

“Dear Paymaster,
    Thank you for your recent letter confirming that I served as an officer in the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards between 1st February 1366 and 1st March 2001 – a total period of 635 years and 1 month.
    I note however that you have calculated my lump sum to be £68, 500, which seems to be considerably less than it should be bearing in mind my length of service since I received my commission from King Edward III.
    By my calculation, allowing for interest payments and currency fluctuations, my lump sum should actually be £6, 427, 586, 619. 47p.
    I look forward to receiving a cheque for this amount in due course.
    Yours sincerely,
    Robert Maclaren (Lt Col Retd)”

A month passed by and then in early April, a stout manilla envelope from the Ministry of Defence in Edinburgh dropped through Col. Maclaren’s letter box, it read:

“Dear Lt Colonel Maclaren,
    We have reviewed the circumstances of your case as outlined in your recent letter to us dated 8th March inst. We do indeed confirm that you were commissioned into the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards by King Edward III at Edinburgh Castle on 1st February 1366, and that you served continuously for the following 635 years and 1 month.
    We have re-calculated your pension and have pleasure in confirming that the lump sum payment due to you is indeed £6, 427, 586, 619. 47p.
    However, we also note that according to our records you are the only surviving officer who had command responsibility during the following campaigns and battles;
    The Wars of the Roses 1455 -1485 (Including the battles of Bosworth Field, Barnet and Towton) The Civil War 1642 -1651 (Including the battles Edge Hill, Naseby and the conquest of Ireland) The Napoleonic War 1803 – 1815 (including the battle of Waterloo and the Peninsular War) The Crimean War (1853 – 1856) (including the battle of Sevastopol and the Charge of the Light Brigade) The Boer War (1899 -1902) World War One (1914-1918).
    We would therefore wish to know what happened to the following, which do not appear to have been returned to Stores by you on completion of operations:
    9765 Cannons
    26,785 Swords
    12,889 Pikes
    127,345 Rifles (with bayonets)
    28,987 horses (fully kitted
    Plus three complete marching bands with instruments and banners.
    We have calculated the total cost of these items and they amount to £6,427,518.119.47p.
    We have therefore subtracted this sum from your lump sum, leaving a residual amount of £68,500, for which you will receive a cheque in due course.
    Yours sincerely . . . .

(Apparently a true story. https://legionmagazine.com/retirement-riches/)

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Bill comes home from work and sees the faucet is fixed, the roof is patched, and the kitchen is painted.

"Honey, did you do all this today?"

"No, I've been asking you for six months, and the neighbor said he'd do it today if I had sex with him."

Bill is shocked. He runs outside and races off in his truck. Oh no, she thinks, what have I done.

30 minutes later Bill comes back and throws some lacy black lingerie at her.

"Put this on tomorrow if you see him, I need the siding painted."

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Did you hear the joke about gaslighting?

Yes you have.

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

User Tag List