Thread: Deer Me: A First

Deer Me: A First

Messing around on the computer this morning, before breakfast, I looked up
    just in time to see a large, tasty-looking, whitetail doe run down the opposite side of the street.
    It turned into a vacant lot across from us, stopped briefly, and then cruised down the overgrown
    alley that cuts through the vacant lot. I didn't see any damage to the garden out back
    from the kitchen window but should really go out and check more closely. If it was
    chomping the strawberries, or my wife's squash plants, maybe the DNR would give me a
    crop damage permit.

I've seen deer tracks down near the ball fields, and seen deer on and around
    the dirt road that leads out of town on the east side. Seeing a deer in town, especially on my street,
    is unusual. A sign of the coming deer zombie apocalypse?

Maybe I'll go out this week and check the zero on the deer rifle...

Site Supporter
    They are all over where I live. When we come home at night, we take a drive through wooded streets and watch them sitting on lawns and wandering around. There are fawns now and they are so cute. So far the pigs haven't made it here but they are just across a major freeway. We run into deer on our hiking trail all the time. Once, a herd of wild hogs ran right in front of us. Several big ones and a gaggle of little ones.

Since these are urban areas, you can just look at them. Did see a bad accident once, across from WalMart. A deer runs into the road and gets hit into the air by a SUV. Lands in front of another SUV, gets up and thrown into the air again. Lands in front of car and DRT. Happened a second. If they are in your area - watch it when you drive. We've had some close calls.

Deer are cool. Raccoons aren't - got raccoons around here...... When, oh when, will ATF let me spring my can from jail?

Dog from across the alley got all bristly and barky at me this morning when I
    checked the garden. Where was it when the deer depredator was running wild
    yesterday?

User Tag List