Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawson Perfect Impact?

Dawson Perfect Impact?

So I put some Dawson Charger FO's on my Gen 4 G17. They're hitting about 2.5" higher than I'd like. Do I just call Dawson up and be like, "hey, I need these to hit 2.5" lower." And they just send me some different ones?

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I run the Warne tacticals on my Gen3 34. They also hit high. I have just taken to using a 6 o'clock hold. I've become very used to it and actually like it. On smaller steel targets at distance, the 6 o'clock doesn't obscure my target. It took a bit of adjustment, but I dig it now.

I think you'll need to take some measurements first and figure out what you need. There's a how to chart on his website.

Edit to add: he will make you a custom height sight if the one you need is a tweener. He did for me.
    Last edited by Lon; 07-23-2016 at 08:43 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Taking a break from social media.

I was 5.5 high at 25. Punched the numbers into the website then called them. Dude on phone was super cool, did it again himself with my info to confirm, got the taller sights in less than a week. This is the before.

Last edited by HopetonBrown; 07-23-2016 at 10:09 PM.

I wanted to update this thread with the outcome from Dawson. I took the measurements as laid out on their website. The gentleman I talked to was very polite and verified my measurements and calculations, then shipped me a new front sight at no cost. I installed it today and am quite pleased with the results. Bad indoor lighting and eye fatigue ruined the group but I'd say Dawson has their calculations spot on!

Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

Nice! Glad it worked out for you!

Great shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This reminds me my new front came in and I need to get it out to verify zero.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    So I put some Dawson Charger FO's on my Gen 4 G17. They're hitting about 2.5" higher than I'd like. Do I just call Dawson up and be like, "hey, I need these to hit 2.5" lower." And they just send me some different ones?

Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I wanted to update this thread with the outcome from Dawson. I took the measurements as laid out on their website. The gentleman I talked to was very polite and verified my measurements and calculations, then shipped me a new front sight at no cost. I installed it today and am quite pleased with the results. Bad indoor lighting and eye fatigue ruined the group but I'd say Dawson has their calculations spot on!

I assume from your shooting skillz on the 25 yd thread that these 2 were done freestyle, correct?
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List