Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Why single action revolvers?

Best tool for the job? Probably not. Effective? Plenty. There is a video on YouTube of a guy dumping a full cylinder of .454 into a target in less than three seconds from a Freedom Arms SA revolver. I can't think of a good reason to choose a single action over a double other than style but they can totally get it done. And you're going to look totally badass in the paper holding an SA six gun dressed like it's 1880 with one foot on a vanquished grizz. Probably won't have to buy your own drinks for a month.

A while back I got a hankering for a SAA clone so I looked for one with a transfer bar so I could carry it with all six rounds if I ever got the itch to do so. It would never replace my GP100 as a woods gun but why the hell not? There's a .44 Ruger Vaquero at an LGS I should go buy...
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 07-23-2016 at 09:04 PM.

If we're going to bring down the quality of PF with all this talk of non plastic, non striker fired, low capacity, non tactical, amateurish and horribly unprofessional smoke poles, we'd better get some damned photos going.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    Woof... I'll be in my bunk

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    If we're going to bring down the quality of PF with all this talk of non plastic, non striker fired, low capacity, non tactical, amateurish and horribly unprofessional smoke poles, we'd better get some damned photos going.

I just starred at this for a good 20 seconds. Prettiest thing I've seen all day.

If the dems ever get their way everyone here will protest but then walk to the closet and pull out the old west lawman gear and console themselves with the thought of popping scumbags Bat Masterson style.
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 07-23-2016 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    I just starred at this for a good 20 seconds. Prettiest thing I've seen all day.

If the dems ever get their way everyone here will protest but then walk to the closet and pull out the old west lawman gear and console themselves with the thought of popping scumbags Bat Masterson style.
    Not nearly as pretty, but this is my favorite single action wheel gun:

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GJM, a Bisley Vaquero, nice! I have one Bowen worked over in .45. Seyfried wrote an interesting article years ago in G & A about the Bisley Vaquero.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

A single action six gun with a plastic holster? My god man, that's just absolutely communist or something.

Last edited by Trooper224; 07-23-2016 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post

I think it looks great. I used to have a 4 5/8ths stainless Blackhawk in .45 colt. I miss that gun. I want to replace it with an unfluted Super Blackhawk. And I found a stainless .44 mag Vaquero in Fort Collins for $600 on armslist. I like my Ruver revolvers in stainless with rosewood grips.

Damn autocorrect on my phone keeps changing "Ruger" to "river". I miss the slide-out keyboard on my old phone.

A few days ago, I took my nickely plated, long barreled, Colt smoke pole to the public range I now frequent. The place is very nice with a very professional staff, but they're really *tactically oriented*, so most of them had never seen anything like that outside of the theatre. I haven't shot the thing in years, but I was getting a bit bored with the serious stuff and just felt like taking a break. I was punching the black out of a B8 at twenty five yards, one handed, when I notice several of them eye balling me. I then gave them a quick brief on the gun and let them all shoot it. I made them shoot it one-handed, you know, like John Wayne would have. I've never seen a bunch of grown men turn into giggling kids quicker than that. I think I reminded all of them that shooting is serious but it can also be fun. I think we forget that from time to time.

I think my most fun gun is my Heritage Rough Rider .22 SA revolver. Used to drive out to this public spot out in the county where everyone shot and see how many times I could make a spent shotgun hull jump until it was too far and away to hit. Then pick another and start again.

User Tag List