Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Munich

As far as I know, the attacker in munich (unlike the guy in Würzburg) was neither a nazi, nor a islamist. He was just sick, and attracted to mass murderers. That's why he adored the murderer from norway.

German gun laws are pretty complex and sometimes just weird. I'll write a little on that topic, when I have some time left.
    If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Luger View Post
    As far as I know, the attacker in munich (unlike the guy in Würzburg) was neither a nazi, nor a islamist. He was just sick, and attracted to mass murderers. That's why he adored the murderer from norway.

German gun laws are pretty complex and sometimes just weird. I'll write a little on that topic, when I have some time left.
    The info I can find indicates eye witnesses saying he was shouting Allah Akbar while shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...re-Munich.html

I'm going to re-visit this later and hopefully more objectively.

God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    The info I can find indicates eye witnesses saying he was shouting Allah Akbar while shooting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...re-Munich.html
    As best I can tell, only a single eyewitness has actually stated that, and eyewitness accounts are inherently unreliable. Beyond that, even if he did say it, that alone is not enough to attribute it to Islamism to this attack, given the other set of allegations (information about other mass shootings found in Sonboly's possessions, undergoing psychiatric treatment, reports of being bullied, being of Iranian decent rather than typical Sunni areas, etc.).

^^^QFT, regarding eyewitnesses. I'll admit that the first potential motivation crossing my mind when the news broke was not some sort of splinter Aryan Brotherhood beliefs but, on the other hand, "eyewitness accounts" is what gave us that whole mythical "hands up, don't shoot" horseshit in the first place. Probably best to wait until the techs have had their way with his computer and search records. Until then 'some asshole' definitely works.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Whereas we have video of him yelling "I'm German!" Memories lie a lot more often than Memorex.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Whereas we have video of him yelling "I'm German!" Memories lie a lot more often than Memorex.
    If Angela Merkel and her ilk have their way, the two won't be mutually exclusive for long..

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    If Angela Merkel and her ilk have their way, the two won't be mutually exclusive for long..
    They're not mutually exclusive now. Dude was born and grew up in Germany.

From the latest at CNN:
    Speaking at a press conference in the southern German city Saturday, police officials said the 18-year-old lone attacker -- who died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound -- had no political motivations, and no references to religion had been found in documents in his home.

Rather, investigators searching his belongings found numerous documents on rampage killings, including a book entitled "Rampage in My Mind -- Why Students Kill," said Robert Heimberger, president of the Bavarian State Criminal Police Office.
    Jihadis don't eat a gun when confronted by the cops. Whacko spree killers do.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    They're not mutually exclusive now. Dude was born and grew up in Germany.

From the latest at CNN:

Jihadis don't eat a gun when confronted by the cops. Whacko spree killers do.
    That^is very true. Probably the most pertinent fact mentioned so far.

Berlin mulls how to further strengthen gun laws after Munich attack
    http://www.dw.com/en/berlin-mulls-ho...ack/a-19423692
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 07-24-2016 at 09:35 AM.

User Tag List