Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture of New FBI G19 M on GT.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I was secretly hoping for front slide serrations.
    Why do folks get so excited about front slide serrations? I find them 100% superfluous. I press check my Glock every day before holstering, and the rear serrations work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Assuming the texture is the same as the rest of the Gen4's that's EXACTLY what I hope the M series is.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Why do folks get so excited about front slide serrations? I find them 100% superfluous. I press check my Glock every day before holstering, and the rear serrations work just fine.
    Lots of things work just fine, but what's wrong with wanting more?

Would front serrations inhibit you in any way?
    www.ASkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Armiger View Post
    Yep.

Lots of things work just fine, but what's wrong with wanting more?

Would front serrations inhibit you in any way?
    They increase machining costs which increases the cost of the weapon. I've been shooting and carrying a gun for decades. Can't think of one time when I needed or wished I had front serrations. I don't want to pay more for a gun when I'm doin so for a useless feature.

I'll throw it back at you. How does not having front serrations inhibit you?

As for the photo of the 19m... I just searched the image at tineye and the results are the same image with finger grooves. I suspect the pic on GT is photoshopped. Plus, let's face it - anyone showing off a photo would likely show the other side to prove its real and let the world see the ambi slide stop lever.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I feel the same way.

As for the photo; my gut tells me it's a photoshop. I do hope a Glock that looks something like that is eventually sold to the public at large, however.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 07-21-2016 at 07:27 PM.

Speed loading an unloaded pistol with good front slide serrations is faster for myself. I also prefer to press check and charge a pistol this way because I can see into the chamber easier.

Speed loading an unloaded pistol with good front slide serrations is faster for myself. I also prefer to press check and charge a pistol this way because I can see into the chamber easier.
    I just added a small amount of skateboard tape to the front slide area of my Glock 17's. Works just fine.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 07-21-2016 at 07:37 PM.

I don't think the magazine base plate pictured actually meets the specifications of the FBI RFP as it does not look like it protrudes forward of the grip...

Have a small ledge (“toe”) on the front of the magazine to aid the shooter in rapid extraction of the magazine. This ledge must protrude forward of the grip (nominally 0.10” - 0.15”) to enable the non-shooting hand to strip the magazine from the pistol.

--Page 10
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

How do you see the chamber more easily? I'm not understanding.

What do you call speed loading? I'm a slide stop lever guy... But with overhand technique I've never had an issue with using rear serrations and I'd rather have my hand further from the muzzle - especially if doing something quickly and under stress.

ETA: was a pain to get a pic by myself but this is basically how I press check every day before holstering. I can see everything and my hand doesn't need to be anywhere near the muzzle. I still submit that front serrations are nothing more than decoration. There's nothing a shooter can't do without them. And the shooter isn't sacrificing speed that I can see. People seem to forget they came about for race guns with optics. Suddenly people wanted them on carry guns for CDI points.

Last edited by El Cid; 07-21-2016 at 07:49 PM.

How do you see the chamber more easily? I'm not understanding.

What do you call speed loading? I'm a slide stop lever guy... But with overhand technique I've never had an issue with using rear serrations and I'd rather have my hand further from the muzzle - especially if doing something quickly and under stress.
    No mag in gun, slide forward, then load it.

No mag in gun, slide forward, then load it.
    How is that faster with front serrations than rear? I'm not being argumentative. I really don't see how it's faster.

User Tag List