Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture of New FBI G19 M on GT.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Why not?

Here is a picture (minus my dominant hand, as it was taking the picture) of how I work the slide. Thumb grabs the juncture of the slide and base of the optic, and web of my thumb/index finger is over top of the optic.

Well, that is because, by your words, you're using SOME of the sight... but most of your hand is gripping the slide, looks to me. And THAT is what _I_ do it with.

Possibly, some of the newer manufacturers have been truly better for the experience/ tough keeping of those optics. Cannot tell what yours is, but I've had four different brands on the three G19s, not for a couple of years now, so I probably should have kept quiet. I can tell for sure that your sight in that photo is a lot bigger than the now-out-of-production sight that my one remaining Glock custom pistol has... which means YOUR sight would be somewhat of an issue to the holster I had made for my three pieces back in 2009, and still carry Glocks in that modified holster with regular fixed open sights.

Using a lot of finger duty on my three optics- the other "good one" was an RM02- was practically ALWAYS getting crap on the visible lens when cycling the slide... usually on the front side, but sometimes on the back too.

Quick point on holsters, before I forget. Tony at JM has made me the George and the Universal for models 19 and 17, that fit regular iron sight Glocks, direct milled optics with BUIS, and the Glock MOS with the DP Pro. These holsters are just as trim as the ones for the legacy model Glock pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    This is basically what I do, as taught by John Farnam. Except instead of dual wielding I use the off hand to support the gun.
    The advantages of the method per Farnam, IIRC
    That's what I remember from my Farnam classes as well.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

A variation of the "armor's grip" was to put the thumb on the beaver tail, then hook your index and middle finger on the rear sight and pull back, essentially pinching to perform a chamber check. There's a guy here in Georgia who teaches that as a method in addition to others. Some hour long video from a class on YouTube which isn't half bad.
    Last edited by HCountyGuy; 07-23-2016 at 11:57 PM.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Also known as, "There is no spoon"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m-ksJxJ6tA
    Benecio Del Toro did it long before, with a 1911, in The Way Of The Gun

Last edited by Tom_Jones; 07-24-2016 at 01:12 AM. Reason: added time index to URL

Perhaps I'll go to hell for doing this, but when I chamber check a pistol I simply grab the rear slide serrations overhand, and then index my middle finger where my trigger finger usually goes. This puts my trigger finger directly into the ejection port. If you do this from a position that's kind of like count 3 of drawstroke but slid just a little toward a count 2 pectoral index, you have so much leverage, control, and tactile feedback that it seems like it'd be hard to screw it up.

Is this a stupid way to do a press check? It seems to give me the absolute most control of any method I've ever tried, but maybe there is a reason I don't see people teaching it.

Somebody stop Bob Vogel before he gets killed in the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQ8mfL4sD4

anyone mention the thumb on back of lower and pressing the slide back, press checking with your pinky? I can't find a photo right now but I'll snap one if you guys want to see it.

Also the way Bill Rapier shows:

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I am ready for this, hoping for ambi slide catch.
    #RESIST

User Tag List