Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Caregiver shot by Miami Police

I have a theory that being the number of LEO's who never fire their gun in the line of duty (on purpose) is in the mid90% range, yet deploying and carrying a firearm is a regular task I think a lot more time should be devoted to the gun handling and tactics side of the equation. Because there is no "state mandated qualification" or "minimum standard", law enforcement management could give two craps about it, and thus it is often not a priority in many training programs either. If we would quit wasting time in crap like cultural diversity, sensitivity, and hug a thug, stuff and refocus on a complete use of force training program that includes all facets of firearms use, we would solve a ton of problems that rear their ugly heads. Trying to explain this to bosses and the public is an excersise in futility and often career suicide.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Can an ND be turned into a criminal charge that sticks in this twisted environment we're in right now?

In Ohio, yes:

2903.14 Negligent assault.
    (A) No person shall negligently, by means of a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance as defined in section 2923.11 of the Revised Code, cause physical harm to another or to another's unborn.

(B) Whoever violates this section is guilty of negligent assault, a misdemeanor of the third degree.

Effective Date: 09-06-1996
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by KeithH View Post
    Can an ND be turned into a criminal charge that sticks in this twisted environment we're in right now?
    You might want to ask Peter Liang: http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articl...rwell-shooting

While a civil case, this case has some strong language:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....-on-Rule-2-3-4
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Just saw on another four poster said the police union attorney is claiming he tried to shoot the autistic subject and missed......if that is the case, I ll just stop as this is going to get very ugly and likely go from check writing to the criminal side of the justice system.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Just saw on another four poster said the police union attorney is claiming he tried to shoot the autistic subject and missed......if that is the case, I ll just stop as this is going to get very ugly and likely go from check writing to the criminal side of the justice system.
    Not that MMM has a knack for getting things right, especially this early, but this article tells the same tale.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charles-...er-by-mistake/

Sometimes we are our own worst enemy.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Not that MMM has a knack for getting things right, especially this early, but this article tells the same tale.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/charles-...er-by-mistake/
    So the police officer in question issued his own statement? Is that something that typically happens?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Wow. In what world is it better to claim you were intentionally trying to shoot an autistic person sitting calmly on the ground than to say you accidentally hit the trigger in a stressful situation?

ETA - He says he thought the autistic guy was going to harm the caregiver. Tough sell when apparently no one else on scene read it that way.
    Last edited by mc1911; 07-22-2016 at 09:26 AM.

That's one hell of a height over bore issue.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List