Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Info on FBI study regarding trigger weight versus length of pull....

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Enoka also confirmed one to me a couple of years ago about impacts to the gun arm being associated with an ND. You're right, John: keep your finger off the trigger and out of line with it.

Also correct on the flashlight/opposite side issue. Darryl had a case in his agency where an officer under stress of conducting a hot stop, keyed a radio mike and ND'd a round DA round from a Sig 220.
    Seen it happen with a guy grabbing the car door handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There is magic in misery. You need to constantly fail. Always bite off more than you can chew, put yourself in situations where you don't succeed then really analyze why you didn't succeed." - Dean Karnazes www.sbgillinois.com

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Unpossible! Everyone on the interwebz knows you can only ND with a GLOCK...
    Lol nah, we all just think it's easier.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    Seen it happen with a guy grabbing the car door handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And there is a very competent and well respected friend of Darryl's and mine (and present here and LF) who had an operational Glock ND by gripping and swinging a baton to break a car window with his off hand....
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Depends who we are talking about. USPSA, 2 seconds is considered M. The Rogers School gives out a little piece of paper of their various school standards, including the Bill drill.

By the way, I just spent a whole session in the rain, shooting eight inch targets. When they are at 25 yards and further, on the clock, they wear you out pretty quickly.
    Yeah, my eyes (to the largest degree) and trigger control (it's not perfect) beat my ass with small targets at distance.

GD genes, diet, etc...

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Lol nah, we all just think it's easier.
    The VP9 is potentially worse.

Just wait and see...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Givens View Post
    OK, I finally got a chance to do some research on this.

During the time frame in question, John Hall was the Unit Chief of the Firearms Training Unit of the FBI at Quantico. He was an FBI agent for 32 years.

At the same time, Urey Patrick was the Assistant Unit Chief of the FBI FTU. Patrick was with the FBI for 24 years.

After retiring, they co-authored a book, In Defense of Self and Others, “Issues, Facts & Fallacies- The Realities of Law Enforcement‘s Use of Deadly Force”. This is a very thorough 415 page book that deals with the legal, tactical, training and wound ballistic aspects of the use of deadly force. I recommend it. Obviously, I don’t agree with it 100%, but most of the information is very valuable.
    The 3rd edition of In Defense of Self and Others is out. I got my copy from Carolina Academic Press, don't know if it has made Amazon yet. There is enough new material to make it worthwhile - especially if you involved in the L/E side of training, evaluating, or explaining this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angus McFee View Post
    The 3rd edition of In Defense of Self and Others is out. I got my copy from Carolina Academic Press, don't know if it has made Amazon yet. There is enough new material to make it worthwhile - especially if you involved in the L/E side of training, evaluating, or explaining this.
    Apparently, it is not yet on Amazon.

Dead tree: CAP - In Defense of Self and Others . . .: Issues, Facts & Fallacies -- The Realities of Law Enforcement's Use of Deadly Force, Third Edition (9781611636826). Authors: Urey W. Patrick, John C. Hall. Carolina Academic Press

eBook edition: In Defense of Self and Others . . . 9781611636826 | 9781531003562 RedShelf
    Last edited by Drang; 05-13-2017 at 08:45 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    The VP9 is potentially worse.

Just wait and see...

What characteristics of the VP9 have led you to this view?

User Tag List