Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Massachusetts doubles down on an "assault weapons" ban

Some of the news stations reported that only a couple hundred people attended the protest, and they showed photos from early in the morning before the rally really got going. Here's the truth (and keep in mind it was over 90º out there):

Name:  ProtestCrowd.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  45.6 KB
    Last edited by uechibear; 07-24-2016 at 10:17 AM.
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

Here are a couple more photos:

Name:  PrettyProtester.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  48.7 KB

The AG (I suspect this is whole thing is about her political ambitions):

Name:  HeilHealy.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  65.7 KB
    Semper Fi, Marines!

AWDCorvette.com - Corvettes and especially the new 2024 all-wheel drive ERay!
    youtube.com/@AWDCorvetteERay

I still haven't been able to find a public response from Smith and Wesson. I can't help but think that being a public company beholden to shareholders is affecting them even if they wanted to make a stand.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GMSweet; 07-27-2016 at 06:35 AM.

Good point about S&W. Time for them to move.
    #RESIST

I agree. They should follow the lead of Magpul, Beretta, and to a smaller scale Apex Tactical.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    How about Kimber moving to NY from Oregon, way back when? Everyone move to San Antonio! Build an indoor SW match center here. Bring some clam chowder if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Bring some clam chowder if you must.
    Chowdah. Chowdah. Say it with me. Chowdah.

/lived in a suburb of Boston from 5-12 years old.
    //didn't learn to pahk a cah until several years after we moved away.
    ///only been back once, but did visit Hahvahd Yahd.
    ////ok, I'm done now, I promise.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    How about Kimber moving to NY from Oregon, way back when? Everyone move to San Antonio! Build an indoor SW match center here. Bring some clam chowder if you must.
    There was a back story and logistical reason for that move.

Kimber's 1911's were always made in NY. The same company / facility (Jericho manufacturing) was making 1911's under the Ithaca and other brands prior to being rolled into Kimber.

In the mid-1990s, Greg Warne tried to revive Kimber, but much of Kimber of Oregon's original tooling had ended up in a junkyard north of Portland. Greg soon found a financial backer in Les Edelman, who owned Nationwide Sports Distributors. The two purchased the original tooling and partnered to found Kimber of America. The company grew quickly, but Edelman forced Warne out after acquiring a majority interest in the company.

While Edelman was partnering with Greg Warne, he had also invested in Yonkers-based Jerico Precision Manufacturing, which manufactured hand tools and mechanical components for the defense industry, which was adjusting to cuts in defense spending. Edelman decided to connect Jerico Precision's existing infrastructure and manufacturing capabilities and Kimber's reputation and extensive network of dealers to build a line of M1911-style handguns. He eventually moved Kimber's production line to Jerico's facilities in New York, ending Kimber's presence in Oregon.

On 9 December 2004, a federal grand jury indicted former CFO Denis Shusterman for embezzling $10 million from Kimber Manufacturing and Nationwide Sports Distributors.[3] He was later convicted after pleading guilty, ordered to pay damages and back taxes, and sentenced to 14 years in federal prison.

Kimber is planning to expand manufacturing capacity from its 31,500-square-foot (2,930 m2) manufacturing facility in Ridgefield, NJ (Aero Molding). A proposal to add more space to its Yonkers site had been approved as a "regionally significant project" but Kimber appears to have withdrawn its application following concerns raised by worried neighbors.[citation needed]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimber_Manufacturing

Being a former NY'er, Glen will recognize the name Leslie "Les" Edelman, owner of Edelman's in Farmingdale, NY, for years one of the largest and best known retail gun stores in the NY metro area.
    Last edited by HCM; 07-27-2016 at 03:09 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There was a back story and logistical reason for that move.

My understanding is Kimber's 1911's were always made in NY.
    Yup. They bought the small Kimber rifle company for the name. The Clackamas rollmarked 1911s were made in Yonkers and only rollmarked Clackamas under a variance letter until the Kimber FFL could be moved to the NY facility.
    Last edited by Tamara; 07-27-2016 at 03:02 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List