Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How to shoot like a navy SEAL

How to shoot like a navy SEAL

Has anyone read this book by Chris Sajnog? I just picked it up on Kindle because it's free right now. Just curious if it was legit content? I'm not sure if it's allowed to share the link to get the book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

It's mostly pretty legit. I would consider his advice to release the trigger only to the reset point, to be profoundly bad. But that's the only bad point.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

Site Supporter
    He was on a podcast I listen to recently and seemed like a fairly grounded guy and laid out why he was doing what he was doing. Just picked it up for my kindle, so we'll see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    He was on a podcast I listen to recently and seemed like a fairly grounded guy and laid out why he was doing what he was doing. Just picked it up for my kindle, so we'll see how it is.
    I heard that too. He sounded like a good dude. Off to the Kindle Store...

Downloaded and skimmed about half of it last night.

I'd say it was not for a noobie; for example, he uses terms ("sight picture"), but doesn't explain them until later. So it might be overwhelming at first.

Nothing dramatically innovative I've seen in the first part, just fundamentals. This is surrounded by, preceded, and followed, by a lot of tough, terse patriotic prose, which seems to me to get in the way of the message.

I'm glad to have the opportunity to read it for free, though. I would not buy this book, mainly because I don't need to shoot like a Navy Seal.

One of my best friends was a SEAL and he says creative writing was the hardest part of BUDS.

This is a joke, take it as well as my bud does.
    Last edited by Hambo; 07-20-2016 at 06:50 AM.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    One of my best friends was a SEAL and he says creative writing was the hardest part of BUDS.

This is a joke, take it as well as my bud does.
    Most of the truly badass dudes I know have humility and humor as part of their character.
    #RESIST

Shoot like a SEAL ?

In addition to natural ability and drive, - I imagine having taxpayer funded training time, instruction, and a mountain of ammo doesn't hurt !

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    One of the better books I remember coming across when I was first starting out was Tactical Pistol Shooting, cowritten by Mike Pannone. It's been a while since I've looked at it, but I recall it being pretty solid.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Gah! Because of this thread I bought 6 Kindle books (at least Sajnog's was free).

This stinking site costs money even when it ain't guns/holsters/ammo/classes.....

User Tag List