Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Glock sights value?

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    Sounds like TX and IN are amazing. The shop I bought My Glock 19 through changed my sights twice and charged me twice. Glocks were only $30 because of the dovetail and I brought my own Loc-Tite.
    The place I worked for in Oregon would do Glock and M&P sights for free if you bought either the gun or the sights from us. And really, even if you didn't, we'd still do them if it was slow and we were bored.

Sometimes people wouldn't feel comfortable letting us do that so they'd try to tip us. Odd, but I'm not complaining.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    The place I worked for in Oregon would do Glock and M&P sights for free if you bought either the gun or the sights from us. And really, even if you didn't, we'd still do them if it was slow and we were bored.

Sometimes people wouldn't feel comfortable letting us do that so they'd try to tip us. Odd, but I'm not complaining.
    This is a complete side tangent. But I moved back into SC in 2003. There was only one indoor gun-range and there was a gun club in my area. I thought for sure moving from Atlanta to SC there would be so many more gun stores. There weren't (at the time). You basically could not shoot without being a member somewhere, knowing somebody with land, or going to an open to the public competition besides a 15 (maybe 10?) yard indoor pistol range and DNR ranges.

There are now approximately 3 in-door ranges in town and the number of gun stoors has gone from like 1-3 to approximately 9-12. It's insane to watch the amount of gun stores coming here and I'm thrilled to see it.

There's not really many gunsmithing services offered here yet, and I don't see that improving with Obama's latest Executive Order. Basically, it's either forcing people out of the market or forcing them to spend large sums of money and make a major commitment. Basically killing organic small businesses from developing or individuals from testing the waters at gunsmithing.

God Bless,

Brandon

I install the Glock sights for the guys that work at my local range/shop.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I install the Glock sights for the guys that work at my local range/shop.
    That's awesome.

Candidly, I never felt entitled to free sight changes for my pistols and I know they're a small business so I didn't mind paying them. In fact, when I went into the store I'd try to find ways to spend money or at least minimize the sales staff's time if I knew I was just browsing.

The business burnt down and hopefully I can help others or myself with a sight pusher. We'll see how it goes. I realized if I ever grew tired of my Warren Tactical Sights; I'd pay pretty much what I paid for the Sight Pusher having the sights re-installed 3 times (maybe four or more here in the near future). Candidly, I'd lend the tool out and I almost have offered here but I think someone installed the sights for free before I could offer.

Anyway, I apologize for the drawn out hijack of this thread.

God Bless,

Brandon

Name:  G17 XS Big Dot(a).jpg
Views: 115
Size:  25.0 KB
    I have XS Big Dots on two of my Carry Firearms. I really like them. Of late when running drills i seem to have an issue concentrating on the front sight (I'm 66 wear glasses and ran the drills in mid to upper 90's Texas Gulf Coast Heat). I am thinking of switching my main EDC :Glock G17 gen 4 (pictured) to the Trijicon HD sights with the Bright Orange front sight.
    Last edited by Kennydale; 07-31-2016 at 07:27 PM.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

User Tag List