Page 95 of 119 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer thread

Narwhal is good but I prefer Old Rasputin to it. I got four packs of both and did some test tasting.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Bayern Brewing Doppelbock Lager. Goes great with a good meal and some Rachmaninoff.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

19 medals at this year’s Great American Beer Festival, including a Gold in the fresh hop category from the place right down the street from me.
    I'm not sure what I did to deserve such a great brewery so close to me, but whatev: the Perry Nitro Porter. Sooooo delish...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Goose Island Boubon County Brand Stouts are out. Was shopping at HEB tonight and picked up an original and a coffee.

Also picked up Lakewood brewing Temptress salted caramel imperial milk stout. 9% abv. Smooth and creamy and sweet with mild caramel flavor. Think I prefer the saloon door Happy Holidiculous.
    Name:  IMG_2746.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  40.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by JclInAtx View Post
    Goose Island Boubon County Brand Stouts are out. Was shopping at HEB tonight and picked up an original and a coffee.

Also picked up Lakewood brewing Temptress salted caramel imperial milk stout. 9% abv. Smooth and creamy and sweet with mild caramel flavor. Think I prefer the saloon door Happy Holidiculous.
    Name:  IMG_2746.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  40.3 KB
    Been a bourbon county fan for a long long time. Sir Isaac's was my favorite from this year.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe45 View Post
    Been a bourbon county fan for a long long time. Sir Isaac's was my favorite from this year.
    HEB only had the two types. Total Wine lists more online; I'll probably stop by this weekend to see. Last year I went when they were supposed to be having a tasting event, but there was no sign of the tasting and they didn't have any on the shelves. I'd like to try a tester before spending $24 on a bottle.
    Last edited by JclInAtx; 12-02-2022 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by JclInAtx View Post
    HEB only had the two types. Total Wine lists more online; I'll probably stop by this weekend to see. Last year I went when they were supposed to be having a tasting event, but there was no sign of the tasting and they didn't have any on the shelves. I'd like to try a tester before spending $24 on a bottle.
    Makes sense. I'm in the Chicago area so it's a little easier to track them down.

Pfriem La Mure sour ale

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Went to the Hemingway's Brew Pub for dinner, and had a "Mr. Wong" Hefeweizen.
    Pretty cool, with a touch of banana flavor.

Name:  MW Beir.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  29.6 KB
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Went to the Hemingway's Brew Pub for dinner, and had a "Mr. Wong" Hefeweizen.
    Pretty cool, with a touch of banana flavor.

Name:  MW Beir.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  29.6 KB
    Yum. Now that sounds right up my alley!

User Tag List