Page 73 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer thread

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    (Will I get banned fo posting this in the beer thread?)
    Most people have done things they aren't proud of the next morning, but you don't have to take a picture and post it on the internet!
    We'll give you a pass given the backdrop of sunsets and palm trees...

I'm a little salty as my local total wine replaced two beer aisles with seltzers.

Beer thread

Great Notion vanilla double stout. Tasty dessert beer! Thanks @Cdub_NW
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Name:  6c0dfc6f589ec4fd26794965e207774e.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  17.3 KB
    Attention-Getting: Their 'The Truth' is better, imo.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

With teen degree weather hitting my area, I decided to spend the night at my warmly heated bar with something more tropical to trick my ass for an hour or two.

Name:  95CA66C9-B099-4834-8C04-9489837BC914.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  32.5 KB

Recently escaped the People's Republic of Portland

Great Notion vanilla double stout. Tasty dessert beer! Thanks @Cdub_NW

Awesome! Glad you liked it!

Site Supporter
    While not a beer, I've been enjoying Angry Orchard's various hard ciders. Different local amber types at the nearby dive-ish bar, with great burgers. Grovers - it was on Diners, Drive-in and Dives and is named Grover's as it was Grover Cleveland's hunting cabin a long time ago.

(Will I get banned fo posting this in the beer thread?)

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I bet he likes getting caught in the rain, too.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Picked up a Winter sampler from Bell's Brewing in Comstock MI.

They make my current favorite wheat/rye beer, "Oberon", and an IPA I am ambivalent about, "Two-Hearted".

First up is Wild Spruce Chase, an IPA brewed with real spruce tips. I have had this style made by Alaskan Brewing, Red Hook Brewery (IIRC, it's been years) and several home brewer friends. I don't hate it, generally.

This one is ...well, good. The first taste is jarring- it's kind of like a cartoon of beer taste...pine sol and bubblegum smells, hops and malt. Once it actually passes your tongue, it's very pleasant, and the following sips are very subtle.

I thought the review on BeerAdvocate was worth posting (I mostly agree with the reviewer but not with so much enthusiasm).

"4.38/5 rDev +7.9%
    look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5
    by imnodoctorbut from Texas

pours a slightly hazy gold-with-amber-tinge body with a billowing fluffy cream colored froth head that has moderately high retention and leaves moderately low amount of thick sudsy ropes of lacing behind as it slowly settles to a murky cap with a big rocky halo

aroma is faint, but alludes to pine trees and easy citrus sweetness with a touch of caramel toffee malt

taste blows the aroma's allusions out of the water. a fully rounded display of lightly sweetened citrus with a bouquet of pine and spruce (bark 'n' all) comes through woody and earthy with a touch of sweetness.

the mouthfeel sings me back home, with a mid-level body and carbonation package that runs smooth and pillowy with a just-dry-enough finish and an aftertaste that fades from the earthy bitterness into the citrus sweet.

overall:
    *chef's kiss*
    it's like licking a christmas tree but the tree is beer and also there's a fire cackling in the background because of course it is. i'm not generally a christmas guy, and the holiday ended over a week ago, but this one has me belting out "it's beginning to look a lot like chrrrrrist-a-mas...eeeeeeeeevvverywhere youuu gooo" and also this brew kicks it at 6.5% so that might be part of why but MAN. dunno how I havent treated myself to this one before this year, but it'll be on my yearly MUST list from here on out.
    4-point-nearly-5 points for Gryffindor. You're a wizard, Bells."
    Name:  WildSpruceChase_WebRender.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  23.8 KB
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List