Page 5 of 119 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer thread

In the summertime, Corona with salt and lime hits the spot as a stand alone adult beverage. If we're talking eatin' dinner beers, I tend to like the fancier, richer tasting beers. There's a nice little brewery in stumbling distance to my front door and they brew some good stuff. Blue Moon is another that tastes good outside in the summer.

We need a Whiskey/Bourbon/hard liquor thread next.

So I had to grab some local stuff for my family in Wisconsin but while I was out I found a new german wheat beer brewed locally. Gonna give it a whirl with taco Tuesday. Cheers gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    In the summertime, Corona with salt and lime hits the spot as a stand alone adult beverage. If we're talking eatin' dinner beers, I tend to like the fancier, richer tasting beers. There's a nice little brewery in stumbling distance to my front door and they brew some good stuff. Blue Moon is another that tastes good outside in the summer.

We need a Whiskey/Bourbon/hard liquor thread next.
    Love me some whiskey...and basically anything dark. I do like summer drinks with vodka though but for straight liquor drinking (neat or on the rocks) I prefer whiskey/bourbon.

Quote Originally Posted by ubervic View Post
    Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA (Imperial IPA).

Damn good.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093/
    That or 60-Minute are my go to beers. Troegg's is a PA beer that has a solid seasonal rotation.

120-Minute IPA is worth trying if you can find it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I'm a Shiner drinker here in TX. I have been drinking their specialty Prickly Pear edition for the summer. In Asian Restaurants, I usually order one of the beers from the country of the restaurant, just because.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I am very partial to the Lagunitas family of PAs.
    I recently toured Lagunitas brewing facility in Chicago while I was there for a conference. Cool group of folks. The whole entrance and walkway is set up to be like you are walking in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory (with music even).

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    That or 60-Minute are my go to beers. Troegg's is a PA beer that has a solid seasonal rotation.

120-Minute IPA is worth trying if you can find it.
    How about some of that Mad Elf?

D/FW has a surprising good brewery scene.

Community BC in Dallas makes my current local favorite: Mosaic IPA.
    Peticolas Velvet Hammer if I want something imperial (bold and heavy) and Golden Opportunity for a lighter German style
    Not to forget Rahr, Martin House, Grapevine, Noble Rey, Texas Ale Project. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    I recently toured Lagunitas brewing facility in Chicago while I was there for a conference. Cool group of folks. The whole entrance and walkway is set up to be like you are walking in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory (with music even).
    I love me some Lagunitas.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    How about some of that Mad Elf?
    One winter I drank 3 cases of it.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    One winter I drank 3 cases of it.
    It's not winter or Christmas time without some Mad Elf around the house.

User Tag List