Page 42 of 119 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer thread

Almanac Beer Co Strawberry Supernova. It’s sour ale aged in oak with strawberries and vanilla beans. It’s 5.3 % ABV. I’m not a fan of sour ales buts it’s good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

One for the road.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Wow! 42 pages and going strong! Am I the only person with pedestrian tastes here on the forum? I like Carta Blanca or Negro Modelo with good Mexican food. If I get tired of those, which seldom happens, I'll buy some Asahi or Red Stripe. We had some great bars in Vegas and local breweries with big lists of beers and the offerings I tried never impressed me enough to vary from my fav's.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by FNFAN View Post
    Wow! 42 pages and going strong! Am I the only person with pedestrian tastes here on the forum? I like Carta Blanca or Negro Modelo with good Mexican food. If I get tired of those, which seldom happens, I'll buy some Asahi or Red Stripe. We had some great bars in Vegas and local breweries with big lists of beers and the offerings I tried never impressed me enough to vary from my fav's.
    I've had all of those and have enjoyed them. Sometimes I like to return to the basics as a way to reset my internal beerometer...especially when I get over IPA'd or Belgian'd, by way of example.

Just the other day I decided I'd had enough of overly citrus / grapefruity IPAs and quasi-Porters for a while. Searched for a good craft lager but my grocery didn't seem to have much in that regard...mostly numerous craft IPAs and other over hopped fare.

So, I settled on a 15 pack Oskar Blues' "Mama's Little Yella Pils" which is their interpretation of a pilsner. It's not great, but not bad either. Just a nice break from the overly hopped carousel for a while.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Those are my favorite Mexican beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I always knew you were a man of extraordinary discernment! Carta Blanca has been my main-stay for beer over the years. Going back through the thread I believe there are a couple brew's I'll seek out that have a chocolaty finish. Around these parts the soda-pop alcohol/"White Claw" stuff is slowly encroaching on the beer coolers.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I used to like Pacifico too. I don't know if it's the same now as it was.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I used to like Pacifico too. I don't know if it's the same now as it was.
    I haven’t had one for awhile. I always liked it.

I always knew you were a man of extraordinary discernment! Carta Blanca has been my main-stay for beer over the years. Going back through the thread I believe there are a couple brew's I'll seek out that have a chocolaty finish. Around these parts the soda-pop alcohol/"White Claw" stuff is slowly encroaching on the beer coolers.

As shucks. LOL Negra Modelo Is my go to for Mexican food.

I haven’t had one for awhile. I always liked it.
    If you visit BeerAdvocate you'd think all of these beers are Drano.

They're just a bit biased toward the IPAs.

User Tag List