Page 38 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer thread

found a nice special on Fulton "Sweet Child Of Vine" IPA, made close by in Minneapolis.
    It's a pretty reliable go-to beer around here, well made and consistent. Nice copper color, and uses only Simcoe & Glacier hops, so not at all dank like so many other variants of the type. More in the English than west coast style.
    6.4% abv, 69 IBUs.

please to excuse crappy potato phone pic:

Name:  IMG_20200513_201142778~2.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  26.9 KB
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

I’m having some Huss Brewery Scottsdale Blonde. German Style Kolsch brewed like a Lager. 4.7ABV and they say it’s their Flagship. All I know it’s very smooth after getting home right after following the dog for two hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I tried a beer called Old Rasputin. I thought I'd seen it mentioned here, and the clerk was very adament that it's excellent.

Drank it yesterday. I didn't like it. Personally, it was too hoppy for me. I thought it would be different. I keep an open mind, but this reminded me of an IPA. I've tried many, but they just don't suit me. I still need ti try one called CAT5 on a recommendation.

Name:  20200524_201527.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  43.3 KB

I also had a milk & cookies bourbon barrel beer. Interesting. Dark, thick, and tases like milk, cookies, and bourbon. Not bad but I wouldn't buy it again.

Name:  20200525_194515.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  50.0 KB

-Cory

I’ve drank a lot of Old Rasputin and I’ve never thought it tasted like hoppy or IPA like. It’s one of my favorites. Different tastebuds I guess<<shrug>>
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I’ve drank a lot of Old Rasputin and I’ve never thought it tasted like hoppy or IPA like. It’s one of my favorites. Different tastebuds I guess<<shrug>>
    I was really expecting to like it. It was drastically different from any other stout I've had, and it's flavor was... i'm saying hoppy because it was very IPA like... but I'm no beer expert.

-Cory

Imperial stouts typically have a higher hop content than the other types, so that might be what you are tasting.

About how cold was the beer? The stouts tend to taste best when they are around 45-50 degrees.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Imperial stouts typically have a higher hop content than the other types, so that might be what you are tasting.

About how cold was the beer? The stouts tend to taste best when they are around 45-50 degrees.
    It was in my fridge. So I have no idea the exact degree. It was cold. It was the same temp as other stouts I've had and liked.

-Cory

On deck this evening...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Imperial stouts usually aren't as sweet as milk stouts, but I dunno about being hoppy. Brooklyn black chocolate stout and oskar blues ten fidy are favorites of mine that I don't consider hoppy.

Summertime isn't really the right time for imperial stouts though, at least for me. I like something lighter and with less alcohol in hotter weather. On tonights menu -

Name:  0523201624.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  30.9 KB

User Tag List