Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer thread

If you haven't downloaded the Untapped app get it. It's a beer tracking ranking app that will make suggestions based on what you've liked. You can add friends and see what they are drinking and you earn badges for different things.

I've used it several times to look up a beer I drank in the past that I couldn't remember if I had liked it or not.

I've been on a huge Sour/Gose kick lately.
    Last edited by Bratch; 07-19-2016 at 03:29 PM.

Dogfish Head 90-minute IPA (Imperial IPA).

Damn good.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/64/2093/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    german beer fan.
    Favorite German beer...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Its really terrific that there are so many local small breweries. I went to a cigar bar a few weeks ago and they had a local stout on tap that was made to pair with a cigar. Delicious ! They don't bottle it or distribute it outside of the area. Next time I'm in town, I'll visit the brewery & have them fill a growler for me.

I'll drink about any beer made, but if I'm buying, it's local Texas beer.

Karbach, Saint Arnold, 8th Wonder, Southern Star, just to name a few.

And of course, Shiner and Lone Star.
    Last edited by texasaggie2005; 07-19-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I'll drink about any beer made, but if I'm buying, it's local Texas beer.

Karbach, Saint Arnold, 8th Wonder, Southern Star, just to name a few.

And of course, Shiner and Lone Star.
    Served with a bunch of good ol boys when in the infantry. They always brought shiner back from leave for the barracks parties.

Beer thread

Usually I just grab a Dead Guy Ale, Fat Tire, Heineken or any IPA but regional beers rock. JDub makes a few awesome beers like Blueberry IPA (must try) and Bell Cow Milk Chocolate Porter. Kentucky Ale's Bourbon Barrel and Bourbon Barrel Stout are pretty cool too.

ETA: WV has a few good locals incl. the Raj, Almost Heaven, Cold Trail, and Miner's Daughter Oatmeal Stout.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; 07-19-2016 at 04:01 PM.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Had to move to my computer because typing with my phone would take too long
    Me too!

I'm a fan of the light to middle weight ales.
    • American Pale Ales - Moat Mtn. Iron Mike
    • English Pale Ale - Bass This is a "daily" drinker, but I lament that is no longer a product of Brittian.
    • American IPA - From the "daily" Harpoon IPA to the aggressively hopped west coast like Laganitas or Sierra Nevada
    • American Amber Ale - Fat Tire Amber We can't get this in NH. If you are driving to NH, bring Fat Tire. I'll pay you back.
    • Anything from Sam Smith's

Outside of my normal spectrum, Deshutes Black Butte Porter.

I don't know if this is a New Hampshire only thing, but our Whole Foods Markets have bars in them. The one local to me has 32 beers on tap with one nitro tap. While I don't normally go for German style lagers, a brewer was at Whole Foods representing their beer. He took a french press filled it with fresh hops and his lager, pressed and served. It was phenomenal.

BT91, I'm going to guess that you have already had this, but Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout is a great sweet stout.

Give me all the hefewiezens!

Currently on the hunt for the summer basil saison. Will have to look for it next time I travel

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    BT91, I'm going to guess that you have already had this, but Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout is a great sweet stout.

I was not aware... hmm

User Tag List