Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer thread

Site Supporter
    @mmc45414- Why do you have Ultra in there with the beer?

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @mmc45414- Why do you have Ultra in there with the beer?
    I got a diabetic buddy. It is really tricky keeping the beer cold and not freezing the Ultra...

ETA: probably should say "I got a diabetic buddy that probably shouldn't even be drinking beer, so he doesn't"

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    OK, I’m not sure how I have not happened upon this thread before now. I just sent this picture of my refrigerator to my brother. One of my Covid hobbies has been collecting various forms of beer, since I can’t go out I have extra time for “testing“. I even asked him if he knew of a psychiatrist, because I think I have a problem. It seems I’m going weekly and picking up new varieties. Anyway, here I am to expose yet another addiction.

Attachment 71413
    I like the way you drink...
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

First time this week I've felt like *having* a beer; the #2 COVID vax hit me square and hard.

Bells Brewery Oberon Wheat Ale

I'm finding this one is a favorite go-to at the moment. It's medium bodied, and has more spice than fruit; to my palate, it's almost 'peppery". Very refreshing on a warmer day.
    I'd like to find it on tap sometime. 5.8% ABV.

Name:  IMG_20210513_210311133~2.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  35.6 KB
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Also legit, fir my fellow hop-pussies.

Name:  7B3290F5-0617-48C7-84E8-B0DFF8CEF811.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  32.3 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    OK, I’m not sure how I have not happened upon this thread before now. I just sent this picture of my refrigerator to my brother. One of my Covid hobbies has been collecting various forms of beer, since I can’t go out I have extra time for “testing“. I even asked him if he knew of a psychiatrist, because I think I have a problem. It seems I’m going weekly and picking up new varieties. Anyway, here I am to expose yet another addiction.
    That is awesome!

When I was in college, and still underage, we had one legal friend that bought all the beer. He got the same thing, every time. Bass or Harp (yes, I realize these are not normal college beers, but neither were we normal college kids). This was in the mid-90s when non-Budweiser/Busch beers were either “imports” or “microbrews” (none of this “craft beer” silliness).

Any who, we wanted to try something different but he kept buying the same thing. So a couple of us conspired and said “let’s tell Greg we want to collect 99 different bottles of beer on the wall.” That way he’d be inspired to buy new stuff.

Fast forward a few years and by the time I finished grad school I think I threw away some 400+ different bottles.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Name:  IMG_20210520_191548287.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  26.1 KB

I haven't posted in awhile, but this is a thread I can probably get into. Sorry, I was 1/3 the way through before I decided to snap a picture.

Name:  IMG_20210520_195800497.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  25.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20210520_195813832 (1).jpg
Views: 165
Size:  24.0 KB

I like IPA's even if you don't. Kros Strain and White Elm are two brewery's local to me that seem to make good ones.

Cascade knocked it out of the park with their NW Flanders can. It is very similar to bottled Flemish Cuvée des Jacobins Rouge.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List