Page 53 of 119 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer thread

I shall be trying beverage #4 from @Lex Luthier , Ode IPA @ 7% ABV. It will be accompanying a rack of baby back ribs and red skin potato salad.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Cheers @blues! Green IPA cans raised.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I shall be trying beverage #4 from @Lex Luthier , Ode IPA @ 7% ABV. It will be accompanying a rack of baby back ribs and red skin potato salad.
    Wife and I took a day trip up to Duluth a few years ago and part of the trip was a stop at the Castle Danger brewery. I really wanted to like them because of the brewery's amusing name, but the beers we tried were all kind of average. It wasn't as though they were bad or anything like that; they were all reasonable representations of their styles, but none of them wowed us.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Wife and I took a day trip up to Duluth a few years ago and part of the trip was a stop at the Castle Danger brewery. I really wanted to like them because of the brewery's amusing name, but the beers we tried were all kind of average. It wasn't as though they were bad or anything like that; they were all reasonable representations of their styles, but none of them wowed us.
    Don't insult my benefactor or I will have to hunt you down, put you in danger of being thrown off the castle.

Hm, haven't visited the brewery yet, but it's on the list.
    I am a fan of their Ode especially, and enjoy the White Pine IPA as well. I think it's a well refined take on the style- we will see if @blues agrees.

Cheers!

Son in laws family is from Two Harbors, and he and his brothers have known the brewers since school days.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Hm, haven't visited the brewery yet, but it's on the list.
    I am a fan of their Ode especially, and enjoy the White Pine IPA as well. I think it's a well refined take on the style- we will see if @blues agrees.

Cheers!

Son in laws family is from Two Harbors, and he and his brothers have known the brewers since school days.
    I liked it, @Lex Luthier. A little less overtly citrusy than a couple others in the grouping you sent. I'd drink it again. It certainly went down easily enough.

Oh, and you owe me an email. After I get done giving @olstyn what for, I may have to head your way.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Don't insult my benefactor or I will have to hunt you down, put you in danger of being thrown off the castle.
    Ha. There was of course no insult intended, and I'm glad you liked the beer. Taste is subjective, and a spectrum.

Ha. There was of course no insult intended, and I'm glad you liked the beer. Taste is subjective, and a spectrum.
    Are you saying that @blues is on the spectrum?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Are you saying that @blues is on the spectrum?
    I probably should be on something.

But don't confuse me with @RoyGBiv .... I think he's got the whole spectrum thing wrapped up.

Don’t judge. It’s really good.
    https://themoabbrewery.com/BougieJohnnys-cans.html
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List