Page 108 of 119 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1184

Thread: Beer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I looked up their website. I’d be all over the Black Lab Stout. I’m going to tell my son to about them.
    Woof!
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    And just like that, summer was over.
    Indeed. And if you're looking for a beer masquerading as pumpkin pie, and not unflavorful pumpkin pie, Southern Tier's Warlock, imperial pumpkin stout, may be of some interest.

Beer thread

Vlad the Imp Aler sour, Kagua Sour, Cascade Brewery, Portland. Actual. Our favorite brewery. Lobster roll food cart.

Site Supporter
    Nothing too exotic - Samuel Adams with 12 ounce Gouda, bacon, cheese burger with sweet potato fries. Conversation with retired LEO and now lawyer about guns while wives talked wife stuff (sexist - we are old). One wish, the nice tavern had a long list of local beers - I wish they had at least a modest description - Pilsner, Boch, etc. Being named Flying Roaring Goose doesn't tell you much. I asked for a darker one and the waitress only knew about Adams.

Got flack for the burger - wife wanted me to order fish or more healthy and less manly (ouch). In fact, a woman from another table leaned over and said: That's a burger for a man! Small town America!
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Folks:

My vote goes to Kettlehouse Brewing's Cold Smoke Scotch Ale. It's brewed in Missoula Montana. While Bozeman and Missoula routinely compete for the title of Berkeley of Montana and all the attendant ills, Cold Smoke Scotch Ale is a ray of sunshine in an otherwise humorless liberal landscape. Highly recommend the Cold Smoke.

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Name:  70F69BA8-F8A2-4C12-A3C3-8A028685A7CF.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  86.1 KB

The other day was “bottling day”. I had two sitting in the fermenter that need to be taken out. The CO2 gear was unavailable so decided to go glass. Blue cap is a Porter infused with coffee. The red cap is an Irish Ale. First time making a Porter so we’ll see. It tasted fine raw out of the fermenter tho. The Irish Red I've made before. Always comes out good, although I had to substitute the yeast I normally use for another. This one may work out better tho. It seemed to be a very even fermentation and the raw taste seems better than the previous.
    Bummed about the CO2 tho. I had been cold crashing and using a carb stone with the Irish Red. It would come out so velvety you would swear it was nitro.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

I noticed Sierra Nevada, Yuengling, and Shiner have their Octoberfest brews on the shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Cartwright View Post
    Folks:

My vote goes to Kettlehouse Brewing's Cold Smoke Scotch Ale. It's brewed in Missoula Montana. While Bozeman and Missoula routinely compete for the title of Berkeley of Montana and all the attendant ills, Cold Smoke Scotch Ale is a ray of sunshine in an otherwise humorless liberal landscape. Highly recommend the Cold Smoke.

Bruce
    I’d be all over that but no shipping to AZ. Sad panda
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Einstock Porter from Iceland. Pelican Inn, Marin Co, CA. Actual.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Einstock Porter from Iceland. Pelican Inn, Marin Co, CA. Actual.

The Pelican Inn rocks. Haven’t been there in a *really* long time.
    What did you think of the beer? It’s available locally here.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List