Page 102 of 119 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1184

Thread: Beer thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Their taplist looks awesome. Sadly (or maybe not) the DoD contract that took me to Philly is more than a decade in the past.

https://www.monkscafe.com/on-tap
    There was Monk's, Eulogy and Khyber Pass. All 3 had amazing Belgians on tap year round. Unfortunately Eulogy closed about 10 years ago and I haven't been to that part of the city in probably about the same time frame.

Monk's had some really kick ass wings but made from frog legs!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Name:  IMG_9524.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  45.6 KB

Picked up some Kona to go with my homemade SPAM fried rice.

Anchor Brewing, one of the original craft brewing companies, announced it's no longer going to be distributing its product outside California AND that they have canceled production of their Christmas Ale, which they'd been making since 1975.

"No big deal" you may say, "there are plenty of great beers around." The beer world has changed a lot over the years, and this beer drinker can remember a time when microbrews were few and far between, and Anchor was one of the best. Their Christmas Ale has been a holiday tradition for myself and friends since 1988. It was sometimes spectacular, other times just good.

Visiting their brewing facility in San Francisco as a very young guy was eye-opening and educational. Best part was an hour in the tap room after the tour to drink as much of their product as you liked, free of charge.

Sorry, this article is behind a paywall, but you'll get the idea:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/win...e-18145920.php

All good things come to an end; I just hope that Sapporo- their parent company - comes to its senses and brings back the Anchor Christmas.

Anybody care to recommend a favorite holiday brew? I'm going to need a new tradition in about six months.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapatio View Post
    Anchor Brewing, one of the original craft brewing companies, announced it's no longer going to be distributing its product outside California AND that they have canceled production of their Christmas Ale, which they'd been making since 1975.

"No big deal" you may say, "there are plenty of great beers around." The beer world has changed a lot over the years, and this beer drinker can remember a time when microbrews were few and far between, and Anchor was one of the best. Their Christmas Ale has been a holiday tradition for myself and friends since 1988. It was sometimes spectacular, other times just good.
    This makes me sad. I to remember when there weren't many craft brews and most good beers were imports. The Christmas ale was a tradition for us as well. Somehow I never made it to the brewery when I lived in silicon valley. I liked how tggey used to package old foghorn in small bottles. They didn't seem to expand their offerings though, at least I haven't noticed. With the many nitro brews and barrel aged offerings other brands have been catching my eye and getting my money.

Walking down the beer isle at HEB this Saturday it struck me how many local beers they had, and I thought the market needs to consolidate. How many pilsners, lagers, ambers, or Ipas do you need at $10-12 A six pack? Once and a while I try one but generally I find they're nothing special and I feel I've wasted my money. There was a 4 pack of pilsner for $16.99. Does anyone like pilsner enough to pay that at the grocery store?

Off hand I can think of Sierra Nevada Celebration and Goose Island Christmas IPA.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Off hand I can think of Sierra Nevada Celebration and Goose Island Christmas IPA.
    I always pick up a 12 pack of Celebration when it comes out. I don't remember if it only comes from CA or from their local brewery about 25 minutes away.

I think it's usually somewhere from $15 to $18 for 12.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    The Sam Adams has a couple of holiday/Christmas seasonal beers, one I really enjoyed and the other was decent enough and I’ll be damned if I can remember which one I liked.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The Sam Adams has a couple of holiday/Christmas seasonal beers, one I really enjoyed and the other was decent enough and I’ll be damned if I can remember which one I liked.
    There’s the Holiday White Ale, Cold Snap, and Winter Lager.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Recommended Christmas beers in a traditional strong ale style
    Deschutes Jubelale
    Samuel Smith's Winter Welcome
    Great Divide Hibernation
    Bells Christmas Ale

I think for west coasters Rogue and Anderson Valley also have some.

The news about Anchor Steam discontinuing their holiday ale makes me sad. I too have been a fan since 1988 or so.
    It was impossible to find here last year though plentiful the year before.

I hope Sapporo has some grand plans to make up for this disappointing development.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

User Tag List