Page 13 of 119 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer thread

Attachment 22266"stubby bottle beer". Now if it was only Genesee Beer (the great outdoors in a glass). This Bud is excellent grabbed a back-up last time I was at the grocery store.

Site Supporter
    I had an extra day in DC a month or so ago waiting for the wife to fly in, so while wandering about I went into a restaurant in Georgetown that looked appropriately casual. Tried a new one for me, Shipyard Monkey Fist IPA. Quite good, possibly my new favorite. I looked it up on line and it looks like they toned down the hoppiness from their earlier recipe. The only downside is it does not appear to be sold anywhere within 100 miles from where I reside.

One I can get locally that I really like is Four String Brass Knuckle. Their Suicide Blonde is not bad either.
    Polite Professional

If any of you pistol forumers are in the Albuquerque area I would love to treat you to a round or two at my Brother and Father's brewery. Technically it is a Nano Brewery as the batches are smaller than Mirco. (under 600 liter) Bias aside they truly brew great beer with a "session" concept. All the brews are lower in alcohol content and brewed in traditional styles. The original brewery is literally in my Pop's back yard. And if you join on a Sunday there is belly dancers.

http://www.kaktusbrewery.com

Quote Originally Posted by JFK View Post
    If any of you pistol forumers are in the Albuquerque area I would love to treat you to a round or two at my Brother and Father's brewery. Technically it is a Nano Brewery as the batches are smaller than Mirco. (under 600 liter) Bias aside they truly brew great beer with a "session" concept. All the brews are lower in alcohol content and brewed in traditional styles. The original brewery is literally in my Pop's back yard. And if you join on a Sunday there is belly dancers.

http://www.kaktusbrewery.com
    Next time I'm in ABQ i'll take you up on that.

Danny Trejo" "I brewed this one in my bathtub."

Last edited by JodyH; 12-12-2017 at 07:34 AM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

A bottle of Hanger 24 Betty IPA because noseart. It’s good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    My niece and nephew are partnered with another couple to start up a craft brewery in Spearfish, SD. I've been involved, mostly observing, the tremendous amount of work and capital required to "do it right". Here's a recent article about a small piece of that process: http://www.bhpioneer.com/local_news/...1069b2bc8.html. Over Thanksgiving, 2017, I helped move in some of the tanks. The steam and glycol is now being plumbed in. There's no definite date for the soft opening. I'm anticipating January or February, 2018. This will be another good reason to spend even more time in Spearfish - a very cool place. Best, ELN.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Next time I'm in ABQ i'll take you up on that.

Danny Trejo" "I brewed this one in my bathtub."

You should. The last time I saw you was Aim Fast Hit Fast circa 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm boring, give me a Coors Banquet in the stubby glass bottle and I'm good.
    That is my go-to domestic.
    Just bought a case to leave at my friends house that we have been stopping at after our weekly pistol gathering. He seemed pleased, as if I didn't need to do so. I always thought that was ethos...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I am a believer in the IPA, but also like dark stuff. Our local Trader Joe’s carries a variety of TJ-labeled beers including Stockyard Oatmeal Stout, lots of chocolate and coffee flavor. While my go-to has been DFH 60-minute, I’ve discovered the benefit of fruity beers when it’s real hot out. Sloop Juice Bomb IPA is great if you can find it. Recently, some friends brought over some Blue Moon Pacific Apricot Wheat beer, and even my wife, not a beer drinker, loved it, very tasty.

Site Supporter
    Beer story of the month.

Where Credit's Due: Budweiser Goes The Cool And Funny Route On Microbrewery's 'Dilly Dilly' Craft IPA

the company's actions surrounding a recent case of actual trademark infringement show the company not to be without humor or grace when it actually tries.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

User Tag List